about 230 mb of "other" what is this?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bojadada, Mar 22, 2009.

1. bojadada

bojadada New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok, i was checking out my ipod, and i noticed that when i connect it to itunes, at the bottom it says theres like 230 mb of "other" i deleted some apps and it went down to like 200mb, but idk what else is taking up space. i even deleted all the apps i cud and just kept it the way it is once u first jailbreak it with cydia and installer, but it STILL has like 200mb of "other". im worried its a virus or something, so if anyone knows what it is, please post. i think it might be all the things that cydia downloads on its own (i was looking at the downloaded ppackages in cydia, and there was alot of stuff) ill post a pic soon of my springboard to show that there are no other apps other than the normal ones and cydia+installer
  2. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    There are so many threads on this. "Other" is everything in /private/var/mobile/Media/
  3. Night.Hawk

Night.Hawk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    your apps and other data taken up from them installed via third party (aka Cydia via jailbreak) that apple itunes does not recognize.

viruses don't take up space lol they do damage
  4. bojadada

bojadada New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok so just to clarify, these are probably normal files, and there is no way of deleting them?
  5. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can delete them, but you shouldn't. It's normal, some people have several gigs of "Other."