A4 Chip graphic capabilities?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Casiuss, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Casiuss

Casiuss Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'm pretty much of a gamer so I wanna know what we can expect from the A4 chip

I mean we all know dungeon hunter or command and conquer but these games are just bigger iphone versions i think... ( and even though they look great IMO )

whould something like warcraft 3 be possible? Just from the power of the device, I know that WC3 is very unlikely^^
  2. zlesage

zlesage Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    IDK, it runs SNES games at full speed (with sound on SNES HD). We just have to find someone clever enough to make a PS1 emulator or something along those lines with a PS3 controller to decide if it has nice capabilities or not. I think someone will do something clever.
  3. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    The A4 chip doesn't really offer anything more than what the 3GS offers in terms of graphical abilities. It would technically be able to handle Warcraft 3, but only if the game is very well-optimized.
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    But the iPhone 4 has the retina display, so if the graphics are updated, it will look better. And the a4 is way more powerful than a 3gs
  5. Casiuss

Casiuss Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    That sounds like there will be some really good games in the future... The Ps1 emulator would be kickass oO
  6. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    It will look better indeed, but the sky is still the limit. The general rule of thumb is that the graphics chip of both the iPhone 4 and 3GS remain the same, and if anything, the lower resolution of the 3GS will ensure more constant and stable framerate. The iPhone 4 will potentially have sharper looking games, but at the same time, you can't burst away from having low-polygon models and tne likes, making the games look like some glorified version of a PS1 game...

The A4 does have a faster CPU, though, and it might help in physics calculations...
  7. simons94

simons94 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    the ipad and iphone 4 has the gpu as the iphone 3gs and the ipod touch 3g 32/64gb the only difference is the a4chip witch is clocked to 1ghz while the ipohne 3gs and ipt3g has a arm cortex a8 cpu clocked to 600mhz so its not such a huge difference speed wise and none graphic wise the games will only look better on the ipad and iphone 4 but not have better graphic