A wonderful way to start the new year

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by moosemun, Dec 31, 2007.

1. moosemun

moosemun New Member

well I recently decided to expand my 3rd party disk space and apparently I did something wrong because I had two applications folders still in existance, so being the smart ass I'am I decided to delete the contents of both leaving only the /var link in the original applications folder and then I figured I would paste my applications backup into the /var directory and thus sneakily increase my disk space with limited command lines...

as you can guess it didn't work

Now I have my applications folder back where the original should be, and I have all my icons on my touch but none of them work, they just crash..yes even the native ones like music, I think the cause of this the way I copied my backup of applications through total commander. when I repasted (through total commander) I dont think the permissons of the files returned to 755. SO my real question in this post is can I change permissions of files on my touch through total commander since WINSCP/SSH is now disabled?

Please Register or Log in to view images

+*=+ HALLEJUAH (or w/e) somehow winscp connected and I managed to change the permissons everything is back to normal+=*+

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
  2. pablowx

pablowx New Member

sorry to tell u but ur f***ed total commander cant change permissions
    i guess a restore is the only solution
  3. FallingBalloon

FallingBalloon New Member

yeah, you've got to restore, no fixing it otherwise...
  4. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've put a big warning on the project home page and in the README file that you shouldn't use that alone for backup purpose because the permission flags are not accessible from the USB port

Glad you could sort it out though.

There might be an option to make files executable from TC soon, I found a few possible hacks to work around this problem but I'm not really satisfied with it yet.

I've posted a guide to get out of tihs kind of situations: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20063