A whole bunch of questions: manual bookmarks, freeze, turn off EDGE, etc

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ralliart12, May 14, 2008.

1. ralliart12

ralliart12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi fellows, I've quite a few qns, & to prevent misleading people I'd tried to squeeze everything into the title.

Please Register or Log in to view images

1. On my iPod Touch I tried to turn off "EDGE" using the app, "Services", but each time I re-launch it to check, it seems that "EDGE" is turned right back on again...so can anybody teach me how to turn off "EDGE" within the app "Services"?

2. Is there a way to conveniently edit (from a computer or within an app with nice UI) the bookmarks for the Mobile Safari browser?

3. Lately I've been experiencing a lot of freezes with the Touch, i.e. can scroll left and right on the SpringBoard, can launch apps, but after the 1st tap, no further screen interaction is possible, which means all subsequent "touches" after an app is launched, are ignored. While I can use the app "Respring" to reboot my SpringBoard, I'm concerned why does this happen?

4. Is there an app to power off the Touch with one touch only?

Hope to be enlightened by the fellows around here...thanks in advance!
  2. hunkiechan

hunkiechan New Member

1. had the same problem, dont know a fix.
    2. some app might be causing it. (maybe!). try restarting your ipod.
    3. no
  3. Paintball

Paintball New Member

1. Your ipod doesn't even have EDGE (it's an iPhone thing), so it can't really be turned off, because it's always off.

2. I believe if you have safari on your computer, you can sync the bookmarks with your ipod. I may be wrong though. By the way, they do have a beta of Safari for windows.

3. I don't know, maybe a bad jailbreak, maybe not enough freespace on your system partition. Get Bosstools and move your Applicatiuoins.

4. No, but one can probably be coded pretty easy, there are ones that reboot your ipod. Either in Jiggy or in Obj-C. The only command you would need to execute is "reset". But most of the time, you don't even need to turn off your ipod. Just put it to sleep.
  4. ralliart12

ralliart12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Had powered on & off my iPod Touch several times, sometimes it happens, sometimes it don't...just asking here to see if anybody experienced the same issue...cos maybe both of us may have installed the rogue app...
  5. ralliart12

ralliart12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Well, I may be one of the few that do power off my iPod Touch frequently enough to warrant a request for such an app; NOT looking for reboot,but looking for one-touch power-off app...if u do come across, lemme know.