A way to change the boot logo!!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by stulu5, Dec 16, 2007.

1. stulu5

stulu5 New Member

I have found a source (on more than 1 occassion) that will allow you to change the boot logo of an iPod Touch.

The problem is the only way to do it at the moment is by having to restore the iTouch.

If you take the (File for restoring the iTouch).ipsw file and open it with winrar (don't extract it) than go to Firmware folder, all_flash, all_flash.n45ap.production, and drag and drop any other .img2 file (other than applelogo.img2) to the desktop (or any folder) and than rename that img2 file to applelogo.img2 than drag it back into winrar, it will overwrite the old applelogo.img2 file. Now put your touch into recovery mode, open it in itunes and restore it and as it's restoring the icon will switch from the applelogo to whatever you changed it to.
  2. theagent

theagent New Member

nice find. do you know if there are any file size and dimension restrictions??
  3. stulu5

stulu5 New Member

Size of .img2

Not at the moment as i can't seem to get my hands on a mac, cause vista or xp wont read .imgs file.

This has been tested on a friends ipod,(will try to get screenshoots) but cant remeber the sizes of pics.
  4. Juwilz

Juwilz New Member

can we get etter instructions lol. Also some pictures would be nice =]
  5. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  6. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok...First off you need to chill...Second off, his post looks nothing like yours...
  7. Assassin Sheepdog

Assassin Sheepdog New Member

he was talking about his second post, and they r pretty similar so Alexpb does have reason to get pissed off. no one likes a person who takes credit for others work. However, with a quick search u can c that Stulu5 had been looking on how to do this 2 days ago, so it could very easily be coincidental. Id have to go w/ it being a coincidence, but u cant blame Alexpb for getting a bit angry
  8. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

im trying to find ways of converting something to img2... ive seen it before i just dont remember where
  9. shamrock11

shamrock11 New Member

What are the other .img files? Is it possible to change the battery charging icon thing from this too? And how would you save the new picture that you want replacing the apple logo? just a picture thats 320x480? because all of the other files in that folder aren't .jpgs. or are they lol idk its not commin up on my comp as a jpg it jus has the unknown file icons by them. help me please? thanx.

oh and btw according to alexpb, once you change the img file and restore, and turn ipod on/off the logo returns back to the apple logo.
  10. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    This is old. And we already know how to change battery charging icon.

Search don't bump dead threads.