a very good question about warranty and hardware issues.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by robinenrique, May 22, 2008.

1. robinenrique

robinenrique New Member

so well, i had my jailbroken ipod touch. my home button didnt work at all so i restore it, obviously the issue kept going cause it was a hardware issue, then i heard something about an app called click once, so i tried to jailbreak it again. but the jailbreak got wrong and all i got was a bricked ipod with never ending loops on the screen, and i could restore it at all. i send it to an apple store in the us (im from venezuela), and im kind of worried because idk if the apple store would change my ipod because it has been obviously jailbreaken..but of course the issue has nothing to do with software, its all about that f***ing home button, so i mean its their fault right?..i asked about apple's warranty in this forum, and someone told me that they would change my ipod, but i just read something two topics above that says something about the home button broken too, and i read in there that it has to be restored otherwise they will void my warranty..im kind of worried..can anyone please make me less worried about it?
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you sent in a jailbroken ipod you have vioded the warranty and they will charge you.
  3. robinenrique

robinenrique New Member

i dont know why then someone told me in here that it had nothing to do with my warranty since my problem was a hardware issue, and it had nothing to do with software..
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

It doesn't matter what the problem is. Jailbreaking, modifying the iPod, voids the warranty completely, so as jpga13 said they will charge you.
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    There are lots of people in here who think they know what they are talking about that just post stuff everywhere to get the post counts up. You have to be careful!
  6. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Has no one read the thread a while back that proved jailbreaking doesn't void your warranty?
  7. robinenrique

robinenrique New Member

explain please.
  8. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah it "proved" it. APPLE THEMSELVES SAID JAILBREAKING VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY SO IT DOES. I emailed them before I did it, and they said it does. So yeah.
  9. x6blues

x6blues New Member

The technicalities don't matter. Apple employees have been instructed and have even stated that jailbreaking will void you warranty.
  10. robinenrique

robinenrique New Member

how much is it to fix my ipod? from the home button issue.