A variety of problems for the first time :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by mrbutter, Jan 28, 2008.

1. mrbutter

mrbutter New Member

OK lets see where to start....

I have a 16gb ipod touch. I got it for christmas at my aunt's house. I SUCESSFULLY jailbreaked 1.1.2 via the java aplet and oktoprep. My aunt had windows xp.

1.1.2 jailbroken worked flawlessly but I wanted the new version of apps that only worked with 1.1.3 so I decided to give it a shot. Using the source applerepo.com I saw that they had a "Jailbreak 1.1.3" and I thought to myself "well sh*t, it cant get much easier than just doing this through installer..."

So I started that and left to do other things around the house. Once I got back (20 minuets or so later) I saw that my ipod kept restarting (got to the apple logo for a few seconds then restarted.) I thought it was doing what it was supposed to so I left it at that.

But when I noticed that it kept doing this for ANOTHER HOUR I unplugged it and went into recovery mode and itunes installed 1.1.3.

So I rolled back to 1.1.1 successfully and then installed oktoprep successflly and then loaded the 1.1.2 firmware through itunes. I quit itunes and tried to run the jailbreak java applet for 1.1.2. It said that I needed to install oktoprep from 1.1.1 WHICH I HAD ALREADY DONE.

I tried doing it again (which takes a while for me...roll back to 1.1.1, install oktoprep, install 1.1.2) and again it didn't recognize oktoprep. Pretty pissed. I run Windows Vista. Now keep in mind that I had already done this previously on my aunt's windows xp computer a while back without a hitch. Now suddenly it wasn't working??

I figured that possibly it was a Vista issue (btw I am happy with vista, this would be one of the very few issues vista has with me) and gave up and rolled back to 1.1.1 jailbreaked.

So a bit upset about losing all my stuff and running on 1.1.1 I then foud out about this ibrickr thing which worked in both 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. SUCCESS! I can do it from 1.1.1!!

So I downlod it, follow the tutorial made by ipodtouchmaster on youtube and blablabla. ibrickr does its thing, finishes successfully and then tells me to find the soft upgrade package in installer.

I find the package, try to install it and it says that my "Iphone is not ready" or something....as if I hadn't done the ibrickr step and it doesn't have the image or something. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

So basically I am stuck with a 1.1.1 jailbroken ipod touch. I want 1.1.3 but pretty much every way to do it requires a 1.1.2 jailbroken ipod - WHICH I CANT GET!

The only 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 that I can find is nate's ibrickr which is not working either.

Any advise??

I think if I can get 1.1.2 to jailbreak correctly then I can try these other 1.1.3 jailbreaks but I can't do that right now. Has anyoen gotten the java applet to jailbreak 1.1.2 under Vista?

I know this is a fairly long post (I think) but hopefully it is comprehendable.

Please please help and thanks in advance!
  2. mrbutter

mrbutter New Member

some progress !!

After installing BSD Subsystem in 1.1.1 the 1.1.2 jailbreak seems to be working now (it is jailbreaking as I type this)

I did not remember having to use BSD subsystem to jailbreak before but whatever...