a/v to tv..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ffnewb101, Oct 25, 2007.

1. ffnewb101

ffnewb101 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well i have alot of movies on my ipod touch and i wan to watch them on tv, but when i have the correct cables (Ipod video a/v cables) plugged into my tv and ipod, i can only hear sound but there is no picture.. whats the deal?
  2. kevio

kevio New Member

It could be a million things. I guess the first question is which cable are you using? Component or composite?
  3. macdog303

macdog303 Member

Your not using the right cable. Go to your apple store or online and get yourself the new cable that will work with the touch and iphone.
  4. tokadisk

tokadisk New Member

It's the same with mine. Cable works perfectly with my 30G Video
  5. kevio

kevio New Member

Like MacDog said, if you are trying to use the old A/V cable then it's not going to work. You need the new one. I have the new Component A/V cables and they work and look great on my 42" Plasma. It rivals DVD quality.
  6. coolmanclyde@hotmail.com

coolmanclyde@hotmail.com New Member

Yes dont feel bad my first post here was the same thing. I have found that the touch/iphone use the 20pin connector for video out. All other uses the 3.5mm headphone jack for vid out.
    Another thing to consider is your tv, if it is fairly old you will need the touch/iphone AV composite cables ( red white yellow ) If you have a new style tv which can support hi-def/compounent cables then you can use them. ( blue green yellow ) I have found that most local apple stores dont carry the composite cables in stock, they usually only have the compounent AV cables, which are in the exact same box.....just one small word of difference.
    So you need to order them from the applesite, 49 bucks for a good set of cables is well worth it! good luck