A Third of iPad Users Have Never Downloaded an App

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by qaiz, Oct 21, 2010.

1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hello, ladies, look at your iPad, now back to Mine, now back at your iPad, now back to Mine. Sadly, you don't have any apps, but if you stopped using it as a netbook and more like a tablet, it could have apps like mine.​

Well I kind of expected this one. Yes a THIRD of the iPad users have never downloaded an App (free or otherwise) from the App store. Not even the remote app? Wow thats kind of insane, right?

Well I expected a statistic like this to come to the surface since a few of the iPad users are light weight internet users, using the ipad as a Net-book alternative. I mean its like saying Wii users spend a smaller amount of time playing games then PlayStation 3 Users, am I right?

Well the statistic comes from The Nielsen Company's whom conducted a survey of around 5,000 tablet owners. The results shows that Magazines, Books and Video Content are benefiting the most usage out of the Tablets due to the bigger screen real estate and the users accessing these types of content far more then they do with a smartphone.

Also, whats more interesting is that four percent of U.S. households now own tablet computers. Thats quite an achievement. Now 4% Might seem small, but its actually a lot. The iPad also trumps the iPhone for “print” and video viewing. Like I said, the bigger screen helps that statistic to become reality.

But thats not really unexpected is it? Its a given the the iPad has more Books, videos and magazines used on it due to the screen and also the fact that the iPad is a online centric device and thus connect to the internet a whole lot more and thus being able to download that latest edition of Popular Science from the app store store is a breeze. What's more interesting is that 32% of iPad owners have never downloaded an App at all. Ever. Not Even Angry Birds?

That might shock you guys here at Multi-Touch Fans, since we define the iOS devices as portals to the App Store and the App Store is pretty much what separates it from the usual KIRF tablets. The app store allows the iPad to become much more versatile and also a hell of a lot more enjoyable. But like I said before, many people see the iPad as a device to access E-Mails from and surf the internet with.

What do you guys think? Are you one of the people who have never downloaded an App on your iPad before? I hope not, because if you are one of them people, your doing it wrong.

This button, yeah click it.
  2. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Yeah your right I barely use mine for gaming apps, But I do use it for Utilities and so on.
    I keep my iPod for the gaming anyhow.
  3. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yh I suppose the iPod Touch is better for gaming since it has the same horsepower and is smaller, but not downloading any apps is a waste. The iPad is great for productivity apps as you said, and the gorgeous big screen should pay even more dividends to the apps.
  4. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    It makes sense to me, people who buy the iPad only want it for things like browsing the Web or using Google Documents via Safari and might throw on some music or videos and might use YouTube..

Then again, if you conduct a survey like this in New York, California, or other certain places, your results will be totally different.
  5. ajgardemal

ajgardemal Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yeah seems like a huge waste to me, the browser is supposed to be crippled anyway
  6. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    The app store really makes this device shine tho.

Why is it that iOS users brings up the App Store vs the Android Market debate whenever a android device is mentioned BUT a third of the iPad users don't even use apps?

Baffles me
  7. ajgardemal

ajgardemal Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    they like to fight lolz
  8. Peebs

Peebs New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That is wasting a huge potential in the device.
  9. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I know,its a massive waste indeed. It has so much potential, and its so expensive too.
  10. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What a waste of money.