A Tale of OpenSSH and Synchronizing Apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by jedimattk, Jul 26, 2009.

1. jedimattk

jedimattk Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Sorry for the poetic title of the thread, but I just couldn't resist...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Let me give you a little background first. Earlier today, I tried jailbreaking my iPod. I installed some apps through Cydia and my iPod crashed. It would not reboot after several tries, and I was forced to do a complete restore through iTunes. Since the backup I had was ... ehh, rather old ... the result of this whole project is that my iPod has seemingly fallen back in time about a month.

There's a whole load of problems coming with that, including the fact I had to set up all my e-mail accounts, text messaging, and all that jazz from scratch again. But a bigger problem (for me at least) is Stanza. I have Ubuntu, so I can't run the Stanza desktop app. Does anyone know and/or can provide a detailed tutorial for how to sync ebooks (particularly PDFs) to Stanza over SSH?

Also, is there some way to contact Apple and beg them to give your apps back? I lost ... ehh, probably a few bucks worth of apps in the reversion, including Ambiance (which I use regularly) and Water Slides (which is very addictive). I know, not a ton of money or anything, but I'd rather not have to buy them all over again.

I may have more problems I run into when trying to restore my iPod to its former glory, so be prepared for further questions as I get to them. In the meantime ... what to do about Stanza and my apps?

(By the way, thank you all for the great help you've given me so far, and thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide here. This is a great community!!)

---

EDIT: I'm in a "what-the-hell" sort of mood anyway, so I just opened up the app store and went to re-download them. Instead, it gave me a surprising pop-up message which read, "You have already purchased this item. To download it again for free, select OK." App problem solved.
  2. iScorp

iScorp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Also, if you can't remember all the stuff you bought in the store check the purchase history in your account.