A Solution to the Wifi Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Spiderwebb, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Spiderwebb

Spiderwebb New Member

I had trouble with the wifi on my iPod Touch. The App Store, iTunes, Safari, and Youtube Apps didn't work even though my wifi was on and working. Fear no more, I may have found a solution; tested my me!

Please Register or Log in to view images

What I did was...

Downgrade to 1.1.4[Source from gojohnnyboi ]http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76884

1) Step 1 - Downgrading iTunes to 7.5

Shift + click to iTunes icon and create new library (you can use the old one later)

Step 2 - Downloading 1.1.4

Obviously, to downgrade to 1.1.4, you need the firmware(ipsw) file. That can be found by searching google; don't PM me

Step 3 - Putting the iPod into DFU mode manually

In order to downgrade, you must put the iPod into Device Firmware Upgrade mode manually. This is done like so:

1. Plug your iPod into the computer, and open up iTunes (7.5)
    2. Hold both the home and power buttons until the device turns off
    3. EXACTLY one second after the iPod turns off, release the sleep/wake button, holding the home button still ( the apple logo SHOULD NOT BE ON ).
    4. In about 20 seconds, you will see your iPod appear in iTunes, but the screen on your iPod will still be off. You are now in DFU mode.
    5. RELEASE the home button as soon as your iPod appears iTunes. If you fail to do so, your iPod will simply go back into recovery mode.

Step 4 - Restoring

Once into DFU mode, its easy. Just do a shift + restore in iTunes and choose 1.1.4.

2) Once in 1.1.4 update iTunes to 7.7

3) (This happened to me) Connect iPod and just update iPod when the icon shows up.

Apple just gave it to me for free-on iTunes!

Once at 2.0, wifi should be fixed

To put your library back, just find the folder and click on "iTunes Library" and sync your info.

I don't know why iTunes just basically gave me 2.0 for free. I never even used the ipsw file I used before. Apple hasn't charged me; I don't have my credit card info on my account.

I hope this works

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Greatnesss

Greatnesss Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    can any1 confirm that this works???
  3. brisingr

brisingr New Member

a very intelligent way to fix it [/sarcasm]