A solution for windoze?

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by pavja2, Sep 1, 2009.

1. pavja2

pavja2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ok, tell me if this sounds plausible...Develop android app in windows, borrow a mac from a friend, use xmlvm to convert android to iphone, test in sim/buy developer account.If this is possible could someone direct me to tutorials explaining how to actually USE xmlvm. I really dont have much more than "Hello world!" experience in either java or C but would like to know which I should learn. Also please dont leave comments saying "buy a mac" or "C is a language Java is a joke"

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Or you could write the code in ANY note pad (you can use an xcode template if you want), then borrow your friend's mac, compile, and done.

No need to do them from android.

There's also a thread for "Beginning developing" here. Read it (as long as you have access to a mac and you can compile, you're good to go).

And it's "Windows", not "Windoze".
  3. pavja2

pavja2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yes

Being new to programming on the whole, I'd like to have a simulator, and an interface builder, I know android has a simulator, and I believe (though I am not sure) that it has an interface builder. I would feel much safer with the simulator at my side, especially since I might try to use the unofficial toolchain to compile without a mac.

Also I wish it was windows, but unless windows 7 goes MUCH faster it will always be windoze to me

4. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    WTF is windoze?
  5. NolesFans

NolesFans New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Windows

6. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What's wrong with Windows 7? It's the best OS I've used from Microsoft, ever.
  7. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

For a user above, it's not as simple as "write in notepad, and compile on Mac. Done." There is much more, and that is the debugging process. Nobody writes 100% perfect code ever, let alone without testing as it is written.
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There's always going to be bugs. Not having some way to test it would be pretty stupid.
  9. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Common sense, dude. Of course you'd need to test, fix and tweak the code for it to work like you expect, but by writing the code in your windows computer you can use the (limited) time on the mac only to debug.
    Also, you don't have to take posts so literally.

To the OP
    I'll tell you what you didn't want to hear:
    If you want a simulator, and interface builder and all those tools, get a mac, I don't see programming for android and then "converting" an option.

Also, C is a language, Java is a joke. (Just kidding, I wouldn't use Java for anything serious, but it's good to learn to program and understand OOP)
  10. pavja2

pavja2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

thanks for the help, i guess I should start looking at macs, and forget about my wallet.