A slightly overdue hello, and thanks

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by jabbado, Jul 11, 2010.

1. jabbado

jabbado New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys.

Found this forum roughly 4 days ago. Something gave me the idea of buying an ipod touch. Can't remember what it was because I've never really been a fan of Apple stuff. But then I came across this site and after a bit of reading thought, here's a gadget to have fun with.

So went and bought one the following day, JB'd it by tea time, and through the great info here by bedtime I had a music/vid player (woopie doo), a portable NAS storage device, a 30GB USB stick, a pocket-sized remote desktop client, a pocket computer algebra system, and an Ipod that looks the way I want it to. Oh yeah, and I can sync it while sitting on the toilet or mowing the lawn. Sheesh! I used to think modding motorola phones was cool.

So anyway, thanks to the people here that made learning all this stuff fairly easy. This forum rocks!

Dave.
  2. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Good Job! AND Good Luck in the future. Here is a BIG tip. Do not install iconoclasm/any infinite stuff. They will lock you out of your ipod. Peace.
  3. jabbado

jabbado New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey man, by infinite stuff do you mean like infidock/infiniboard? I hope not since I was going to check them out. Though you've now saved me if that's what you meant.
  4. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Welcome, why dont you try and win yourself some free apps by clicking my competition link below?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hope you enjoy it on www.ifans.com
  5. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah, those, there is a chance ( not high or low) that it'll screw up and somehow mess around with your ipod, it happened to me, now I can't enjoy the 3.1.3 jailbreak.
  6. jabbado

jabbado New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  7. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Just because it happened to your doesn't mean it won't happen to someone else here. Most likely you installed something else stupidly with messed with it.