a SIMPLE calendar app replacement ??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by expatCanuck, Apr 11, 2010.

1. expatCanuck

expatCanuck New Member

Greetings -

Looking for a SIMPLE calendar (or reminder) replacement app for my son's iPod touch to help him remember end-of-class to-do's.

Generally, less is more, but these requirements are key:

i) allows you to specify appointments / reminders in minute increments (not 5 minute chunks)

ii) supports alarm reminders (& wakes up the iPod to do so)

iii) ideally, lets you set the reminder AT the time of the appointment (so it beeps at the end of class -- it's confusing to have to set up the times 5 minutes after they really are so that you can get the reminder when you really need it)

iv) would really rather not have to 'jailbreak'.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks much.

- Richard
  2. iDrag0m1r

iDrag0m1r Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Maybe you could use the stock calendar and clock apps?
  3. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    non JB apps can't wake the ipod nor can they run in background and alert the user when a certain timeframe has passed or so...
    only way to do this backgrounding is via push-notifications but these won't work either unless the ipod is connected to wifi all the time and even in sleep (this again is impossible without JB)
    this means there is no such app and will never be =(

and on JB devices I dunno if there is such an app available though none of this kind crossed my way in cydia so far...
  4. expatCanuck

expatCanuck New Member

Thanks, but unless I'm missing something, the stock calendar only allows one to set time in 5-minute intervals -- not sufficiently accurate. And the alarm doesn't go off at the time of the scheduled event, but only 5 minutes prior -- which makes setting events a headache to manage.