A series of unfortunate events- no more Cydia

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sageDieu, Jan 10, 2010.

1. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    FML.
    I would like to start this off by saying I have dial-up internet, hope to move somewhere with fast internet soon but for the time being the only time I have wifi access for my iPod Touch is at church.
    Last night I was looking around in theme releases on this forum and found Wyndows. Seemed pretty cool, decided to try it out. I didn't have some of the required packages for the theme but it installed anyways, and in the setup it (backed up and) removed most of my MobileSubstrate addons. I removed it and deleted the file, then found the backup and reinstalled everything. Fixed all my custom theme stuff that it deleted and everything. Since then I've been having lots of crashes to Safe Mode while doing various things at church; using Cydia, using Safari, scrolling my pages in SpringBoard, etc. Was messing around with iAcces and it started crashing more, so I removed it. Had some icon theme problems so I deleted the SpringboardIconCache files, which I've done before with no problem. This time? Problem. Tried to load Cydia, it would show the default.png and then just crash back to SpringBoard. I couldn't find a good article here but on the [PIRACY] forums I found a nice, long tutorial on how to fix Cydia problems. Nothing worked, and I decided to go for the last thing it suggested, which was to remove and reinstall Cydia. I removed it successfully, but the install command returned "E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on essential".
    Cydia is gone.
    If anybody knows how to fix this short of a restore, which I won't be able to do until I go to a hacker friend's house, PLEASE help me out. Thanks.
  2. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    did you jailbreak using blackra1n? if if you saved that than just run the blackra1n app on your ipod and install cydia again. or try and find the cydia.deb online some how.I also have dialup and it SUCKS!!!!!!!! thats why i use cyder.wyndows installs its self using iSetup, so to uninstall wyndows 7 uninstall it using cydia not by deleting files.
  3. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I used blackra1n, yes. But I don't have the app still... I could rejailbreak to get it back but I wouldn't be able to download Cydia.
    I uninstalled Wyndows with apt-get -r com.wynd.wyndows, which would be the same as removng it with Cydia. It still caused problems though.
    Is Cyder a good alternative that I could possibly get a deb for and use it to install Cydia next time I have wifi?
  4. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no not a good alternative but better than searching day and night for and app on the internet.takes forever to download a theme!Why wouldent you be able to download cydia back after rejailbreaking? you could use aptbackup and restore than jailbreak, but thats the long way around...............do you want a link to cyder?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    http://www.applei.ph/one/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,49/func,view/id,36269/catid,33/ explains cyder and has a download link
  5. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I can't download Cydia after rejailbreaking because I have dial-up internet. blackra1n won't work without a wireless internet connection. I could possibly ad-hoc one but it would be too slow to download Cydia.but thanks for the link, I'll try it out. I've also heard of some alternatives called Pakage and Kryptes... if somebody could maybe find a deb of these that would be helpful.
  6. j70LAR_J3EAR

j70LAR_J3EAR New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if u have ifile or open ssh then it can be fixed... mesg back if u do
  7. BigBossMan

BigBossMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well then jailbreaking is kinda a waste if you dont have a wifi connection cause you have to have a wifi connection in order to use cydia and download apps/themes
  8. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have wifi available at school, work, church, and friends' houses. I manage pretty well. And yes, I have iFile, terminal, lots of pc-end filesystem browsers, and ssh. So if you can somehow fix it using one of those things without an internet connection for the ipod, be my guest.
  9. j70LAR_J3EAR

j70LAR_J3EAR New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes you can the reason why cydia wont load up is simply because when u tryed to download what ever u were trying to do unsuccessfully it still trys to complete the task that you gave it so you have to go in ifile and then go to /var/lib/dpkg/updates and move it somwere else safe make sure u have the files still.... this problem will fix cydia not loading up ur kinda out of luck thought if u completely deleted it though
  10. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Went to church last night with wifi, reinstalled Cydia. Same problem.