A-rod on the Juice!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by murphmanny, Feb 9, 2009.

1. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Alex Rodriguez has been tested positive for a steroid test in 2003, which was his MVP year. What do you guys think of this? Do you think a lot of players are juicin', or do you think very few are?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Im not too surprised. Im sure many players are using steroids. But if the MLB cared, they would suspend them for a longer time then they already do.
  3. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

That's true. Steroids is cheating and therefore they should get 50 days on the first, 150 on second, and a whole season in a half on third. Just the way I see it. But who knows?
  4. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Even though he is a Yankee the MLB can't do anything about it. The test was conducted in 2003 and it was supposed to be anonymous. Players who tested positive were just given a notice and not suspended. Also the MLB Players Union legally had the ability to destroy the evidence but never did.
  5. Germany

Germany Banned

Well, he admitted to it which I think is smart on his part. Look at the trouble Clemens, Bonds, Mcgwire, etc. are getting into because of lies. I think most of the steroid users were in the 90's and early 2000's. The MLB has been much stricter and have had a lot more tests in recent years. I hate the Yankee's and I hope this ruins his career. He deserves to have it do that because he cheated.
  6. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Yea I agree. He smart because he admitted it, therefore he won't make the mistake as Bonds, Clemens, etc. I hate A-Rod.
  7. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    A-Rod's not going to get suspended. It wasn't against league policy back then. A-Rod should actually sue whoever leaked the source, because the tests were supposed to be anonymous and voluntary. 103 other players also tested positive, they might be or might not be revealed. Who knows...? I really don't view it as THAT big of a deal. He admitted to it and he only used for two years. The only time he lied about it was to 60 Minutes (or was it Dateline? Note sure). Unlike Roger Clemens or Rafael Palmiero, he didn't lie to congress. So he's not going to be in much legal trouble. Granted, he did put up monster numbers in 03, 02, and 01. But he also produced monster numbers in 2007, where he hit even more home runs than he did in 03. If he wasn't on the juice then, then we really can't say A-Rod is not a great player, because he is. He was great before 2001 and he will still put up good numbers this year. Maybe he won't put up 50 home runs and bat .330, but you can expect the normal A-Rod numbers. The only thing that does taint him in this whole thing is his possibility at the Hall. I'm not sure I would vote for a guy who used roids into the Hall of Fame. It doesn't seem fair to the other players in the hall or those who did not get in
    because their numbers weren't as good.

And btw, if you're a Red Sox fan, you better pray the list of players who did test positive don't get leaked. Because some ex and current Red Sox players might be on it. Nomar might be one of them. There's also the possibility of Ortiz. But that's just my opinion.
  8. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

9. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    At least he didn't take the Clemens route.
  10. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Yea, that's true. Or the Barry, or the Tejada, etc.