A quick question on jailbreaking...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Danyalali7, May 5, 2008.

1. Danyalali7

Danyalali7 New Member

ok guys I'm wondering if u can help me. I have jailbraked my iPod but have done it the old way of restoring back to 1.1.1 first. Is there any way that I can now go bak to the 1.1.4 version and still be able to download apps like I'm doing now. Can anyone helpm me. Cheers guys.
  2. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

yeah u should be able to go to iTunes and update or restore well when u do so u will lose ur jailbreak so u r going to need to follow the so many thread that teach u how to jailbreak 1.1.4 with either ziphone or iliberty (u pick) and after doing the hard jailbreak u will be able to enjoy the happy world of downloading apps..... Hope this answers ur question
  3. Danyalali7

Danyalali7 New Member

cheers mate. I have only downloaded the 1.1.1 update not installed it or anything which means I have no apps I got confused with my cousin. I am using version 1.1.3. So do you think it would be easier to upgrade to 1.1.4 then use ziphone rather than restoring back to 1.1.1.
  4. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

its kind of up to u.... Which firm u want to use???? If u want 1.1.1 u can just stay with it and jailbreak (or 1.1.2) ..... But I like 1.1.4 and recomend it .... And u can jailbreak with no "problems" ( if any appear u can just restore and jailbreak again) there r a couple of good threads about jailbreaking 1.1.4 full guide ........ So yeah like I said it depends on u .... But for 1.1.4 u don't need to go back to 1.1.1 and non of that nonsense ...... Good luck ..... If u other questions u can make them
  5. Danyalali7

Danyalali7 New Member

Thanks mate you have helped me a lot tbh. I have just started downloading the 1.1.4 on Itunes. One last thing, can you recommend me an easy step by step guide of how to jailbreak your ipod touch in this way as im a bit of a no0b. I have decided to go for Ziphone

Please Register or Log in to view images

Cheers mate.

EDIT: Does this way also ensure that i dont have to put all the songs on again.?
  6. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

no problem ..... For the guide ok in this same section where u put this thread there is a sticky on the tip if the list that says how to jailbreak 1.1.4 and perfect ........ Something like that .... I think that's the one u can to follow (altgoug if u r using the latest ziphone (3.0) then u can skip the part that is for installing BSD subsystem and open ssh)

And ur ur question mmmm sadly if u do restore yes u will loose all ur musci and info in the iPod and u will have to resync everyithng back...... And if u update I am not 100 % sure wut will happen .... I just know that with a fresh firm u decrease the changes of having something go not right with the jailbreak
  7. Danyalali7

Danyalali7 New Member

Cheers mate, just downloading the Ziphone and Ipod update 1.1.4 now

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks for all your help.
  8. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I suggest iLiberty+ if you're on a pc, considering you can get stuck with the bsd root error with ziphone, and ziphone permanently downgrades your bootloader. So if you need your touch or iphone fixed, apple will just pop it on to a connector and know you've tampered with it. There goes your warranty. iLiberty's bootloader downgrade is reversible. Plus, Ziphone gives you this ugly Zibri's blog icon.
  9. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Okay, I got my case to be spoken. I am in Dubai, natively no iPhone agreement with the local provider here. Almost all shops, they all are selling iPhone which has been unlocked through ziPhone (1.1.4). IF I restore it and re-jailbreak again with iLiberty+ (which could downgrade bootloader to 3.9 but shows as 4.6), shall I still get my warranty?

Thanks in advance.