A question with the Mewseek app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Ballswick, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Ballswick

Ballswick New Member

So my my mewseek app has been working just fine, but one day my ipod crashed an I restored it an jailbroke it on firmware 2.1, I downloaded mewseek and it was working fine until recently, everytime I try to connect in other words log into my account it quickly cycles through connected then disconnected an back an forth, but when I got on another wifi network other than my home network it connects just fine, I should mention that every single other feature using wifi works perfectly on my ipod using my home wifi, the only thing that doesnt is mewseek any ideas?

~Thanks
  2. iLINUX

iLINUX New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Try restoring it again...
  3. Ballswick

Ballswick New Member

wait, you want me to resotre my ipod? Its to much of a hassle for me to do that again an reinstall all my apps an what not, I tried reinstalling mewseek an that didnt work
  4. iLINUX

iLINUX New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Well the way I see it, if you restore it goes back to factory setting, Yes? So logic would suggest it'll be like a new ipod?

Seriously you'll only need to restore it once (unless a problem occurs) and then it's fine
  5. Ballswick

Ballswick New Member

Well my friend wanted me to jailbreak their iPod today an I did an I installed mewseek on it an set them up on a new account an same thing happened so Then obviously restoring it wouldn't work
  6. ETompk

ETompk New Member

use something else

try using something else such as dtunes, you get the music you want plus videos and *******s. the only difference is a slightly different interface. i used mewseek myself and got fed up with the bugs so i now use dtunes only. or if you have time, upgrade to 2.2.1, i did that today and my ipod just seemed to function better than it did with 2.1 and 2.2. i hope this helps.
  7. foppinanrockin

foppinanrockin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    is there any way to put what you get from dtunes in the music/video library?
  8. ETompk

ETompk New Member

are you talking about the default ipod player? if so i don't believe you can but it doesnt seem like a big deal. reply if you have more questions i'll check back soon.
  9. Ballswick

Ballswick New Member

really you think dtunees is better? I find the music selection drastically larger on mewseek, perhaps it's cause I use seeqpod website on dtunes? If u have a better website that will work with dtunes I would appreciate that, is 2.2.1 on felixbruns?
  10. iLINUX

iLINUX New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Anything is better then p2p, and Mewseek is even worse because SoulSeek doesn't have a swarm like feature which means if the user your downloading off has sh*t speeds then it's sh*t speeds your going to get.

All downloaded music from dTunes is stored in "/private/var/mobile/Library/Downloads" which is the same path as where Safari downloads too (if you have the safari download plug-in)