A Question to Canadians

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by steeped, Jul 14, 2008.

1. steeped

steeped New Member

So I bought a $50 itunes giftcard from ebay, soon returning it because I didn't know it had to be from Canada.

So if I buy a $20 "iTunes Music Card", would i be allowed to download the apps with that or is a credit card my only solution?

Thanks.
  2. htrapz

htrapz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Unfortunately, Apple has decided not to allow store credits to buy the firmware or games from appstore. You have to have a credit card to process a billing

Please Register or Log in to view images

Even I have a iTunes Gift Card and I have it redeemed but it does not allow me to buy either the 2.0 software for ipod touch nor the appstore games

I am not satisfied at all with this. I hope they allow gift cards soon or else I am not upgrading to 2.0
  3. steeped

steeped New Member

Crap! I am not going to upgrade either if we aren't allowed gift cards. They don't even allow Paypal for Canadians. What the hell?
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yep, I'm Canadian aswell..

At least you were lucky enough to be able to return yours, I redeemed mine and purchased 3 songs before this became aware to me..
  5. rocker5

rocker5 New Member

We also got ripped bye rogers for the iphone plan why is life so unfair to canadians
  6. steeped

steeped New Member

Hey, we get free health care and Apple can't do anything to stop that!
  7. Dave C

Dave C New Member

Us Canadians didn't get "ripped" by Rogers, we got RAPED!
    Freakin' ludicrous the plan they've got....will come to a total of $4000 over the life of the 3 year contract!!
    Uh no thanks, I'll gladly stick to my touch.
    Too bad more people weren't willing to stick it to Rogers...that's the only way to make a difference...too many people still bought it at this stupid price!
    But who am I to judge?

If they're happy, all the power...as I said, I'm sticking to my touch
  8. steeped

steeped New Member

So I currently don't own a credit card and don't want to because being a college student, I will have bad credit really fast.

So instead, I am going to look into those pre-paid master cards. Much music has a good one but it costs $30 - I am wondering, I have an account with TD... would they be giving out prepaid master cards?
  9. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'm with TD as well, although I'm not sure whether or not they offer those prepaid credit cards.
  10. steeped

steeped New Member

You know what Apple is doing? I WANT to pay for these apps, but Apple isn't letting me because they are stupid, so in the end I, along with most iPod Touch and iPhone owning Canadians will just wait for the hacks to come out so we don't have to pay. I will use a hack if there are no other options, and in doing so the creators won't get paid. But it will be Apple's fault since I CANT PAY THEM!