A question about the previous exploit.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by xvenom89, Jun 19, 2009.

1. xvenom89

xvenom89 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Please do not respond to this if you have no idea, but ideas and real answers are appreciated.

Concerning the iPod Touch 2G, when the original exploit was found that allowed redsn0w to do a fully untethered jailbreak, what is it about on an older firmware that cannot be used for the 3.0 release? No, I'm not asking when it will come out, just that I'd like to be enlightened concerning the differences. Since the iPod Touch 2G has different hardware, although the exploit was discovered for ≥2.2.1, could it be another hardware issue what? I don't understand how the firmware itself needs to be flashed using another method, unless a new key for unsigned code needs to be discovered.

Thanks
  2. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    the exploit is called 24kpwn i believe, and that is permanent, the ipod 2g will be jailbreakable forever no matter what, what makes the update different they moved around the files, and the .ipsw file is a good 200+ MB file, so they have to search for them, and then certain files are now not encrypted, but some are encrypted very well and take more time for them to be able to 'understand' the files(this has all been done by now). but, they still have to spend time hacking these files(which is done by now as well) and now implement them into programs for all of us to use(only completed for mac as of now). so hopefully that answers it all

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Protocol7

Protocol7 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You do know that the ipsw contains about what, ~30-40 files? One person could see which is what, it takes time to be able to open the files, decrypt them, get the key required to authorize like the one on the redsn0w site, etc. It's not about "Look for the files," It's about "Get the ramdisk and jailbreak features to extract and run in the new OS."
  4. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ur right lol i was trying to keep it simple but i cant even do that correctly

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. H4CK!NT0SH

H4CK!NT0SH Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch