A question about the future of iphone gaming

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by brownbox, Aug 31, 2008.

1. brownbox

brownbox New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    heres my deal
    I have my iphone 3g. Love it to bits, use it all the time, jailbroken, etc, etc. I was thinking i would buy a psp to get my portable gaming fix. I was all set to go and get a modded psp slim and some good games (which are now really cheap second hand). Then I saw asphalt 4 on iphone and i am reconsidering my options.

Whats in store for the future of iPhone gaming? I know SMB is good, and so is Asphalt and the others, but is the iPhone really likely to, as the websites seem to say, about to take over the PSP and DS's portable gaming industry?

Should I
    1. Get a PSP, and the games, and risk wasting the money if iphone games come out, or
    2. Not get a PSP and wait for the iPhone games?

What games are guarunteed to be coming to the iPhone?

Sorry this post is a little rushed, ive got to go out. Cheers guys
  2. Jesus69

Jesus69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i would get the psp, the iphone i my opinion simply will never be able to compete with a system such as the psp because of the lack of hard keys, it wont be able to run games in which hours can be spent...unless u love racing games...
  3. Sammy1995

Sammy1995 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey
    It all depends on how serious you are for gaming. If (like me) you only play casual games then the iphone is perfect but if you plan to play for hours on end, definatley go for the PSP. Spore Origins is coming out for iphone as well as Kroll (search it on youtube), Star Wars: Force unleashed iPhone (again, search on Youtube) and Rolando (rolandogame.com). Lego Batman is *RUMOURED* to come out on iPhone aswell and Sega is also developing more games for iPhone.
  4. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Well, there are going to be add-ons for the iphone/ipod touch so you have hard buttons.

But i'd get a PSP for the simple reason games will NEVER have as much content as the PSP does. For example, Final Fantasy:Crisis Core could NEVER come to the ipod/iphone. Reason? Memory. "i have a 32gig" i hear you cry. Still wouldn't happen. Games on the PSP don't absorb phsyical memory. Plus they have consistant graphics i doubt the iphone will surpass. Sure iPhone gaming will become more and more mainstream but you mustn't forget NO PUBLISHERS (or DECENT) publishers are coming to the iPhone. At least with a PSP/DS you get SONY/NINTENDO as well as all the others e.g. EA, Activision, Pandemic etc etc.
  5. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

Get a psp, the iphone is to frustrating to play normal games on, becuase it doesn't have any usable buttons for games
  6. brownbox

brownbox New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thanks guys. Ive just brought a slim and a couple of games.
    Cheers
  7. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

do you know anybody with a pandora battery, to let you hack it?
  8. Covenant550

Covenant550 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know where your comign from sort of. I had a hacked PSP before I got my iPod Touch. The truth is once I got my iPod Touch i hadnt touched my PSP in months till I decided to trade it into gamestop for credits towards my Xbox360. Honestly hacked psp games arent that great. If you liek emulators then u may reconsider cuz its got alot of emulators but other then that the hacked games arent that great. some may look good but imo suck (no replay value) then youve got retail games. I really only played a few and then moved to ISO's =X and still wasnt worth it to me. If you love games though then maybe the PSP is for you but you sound liek me and I'd suggest not getting a PSP
  9. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You speaking about memory or storage :>? this is 2 diffrent things.
    As you see in DS 128MB rom space is enough to make a full good game

FF series can handle all kinds of graphics

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hold on... no publishers? So you telling that EA, Sega and THQ in AppStore are only some sort of fatamorgana? O.O
  10. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

It's either your not getting this, or I'm not getting you, hacked psps let you run homebrew (emulators, and such), and iso, and cso, (both of which are illegal copies of retail games, which you can only play on a hacked psp)