A projection ipod...

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by jlb8soccer, Jan 7, 2008.

1. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    So, what do you think? Will the next influential iPod be one with the capabilties to project an image or a video on the wall. According to this article, a company called microvision, created a handheld projector that is capable of projecting large images or video with good quality from a device like a cellphone or... a iPod. According to another article Motorola has signed on with the company and have plans to create a phone with these capabilties. And other rumors say that Apple has also signed on but hasn't announced any plans yet so.. what do you think?
  2. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i posted an idea like this in another thread a couple of days ago. im pretty sure it wont happen for a while though.
  3. ska752

ska752 New Member

I would rather have built in speakers on the ipod touch for when I am watching youtube vids with my friends.
  4. Otherman

Otherman New Member

I think that its a super cool idea but would probably take a ton of battery power; projector lamps have to be very bright. Now I don't know anything about this technology so I don't know how it works, my guess is that they use lasers however, as that is where all projector technology is going these days. Therein lies a problem because laser tech. is very expensive. My only guess is to how this works is how they are doing it (or planning on doing it) with tv's. Basically red, blue, and green lasers point on a micro chip that produces an image on a rediculously small micro screen which is then magnified through a lens and voila! A high def, laser projected image/video (obviously dumbed down a bunch). Let me know if you know how they actually plan on projecting from a hand held device, I am interested in this technology.