A possibility

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by tallbus1, Mar 3, 2009.

1. tallbus1

tallbus1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If the 2g never does get an unethered, and apple does end up putting mobile sync in, couldn't that be used to mobily send the RUN RS command?
  2. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, the service wouldnt run in recovry mode.

and in 99% sure the dev team has an untethered exploit.
  3. treminaor

treminaor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Me too. I think they are just waiting out the release of the new iPhone in hopes that Apple won't fix their exploit. Then they will release it.
  4. tallbus1

tallbus1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Wait! What brings about these suspicions
  5. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The fact that they haven't released an untethered, and that they're the "iPhone" Dev Team

It's just suspicions.
  6. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    the next iphone i likely to have the same way of booting as the 2G touch so if they release it now apple would have more than enough time to fix it.
  7. Jaikob

Jaikob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The Dev Team does not have an untethered exploit at the time. Period.
  8. lumpy211

lumpy211 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The fact that they haven't released an untethered... couldn't that mean they just don't have an untethered exploit?

Please, stop spreading nonsense rumors for which you have no real backing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

If you read that Wikipedia article, you'll understand. I'm only assuming one thing - they don't have another exploit. On the other hand, you're assuming that:

1) They have another exploit
    2) Apple's going to release another iPhone soon (which I haven't seen any official announcements anywhere, although I may have missed it because I've been busy the past week). There are rumors and signs that they will be, but a rumor's a rumor
    3) This new iPhone will have the same processor and boot processes as the IPod Touch 2G (which the "rumors" seem to indicate is false - it may have a dual-core processor, if the "rumors" are any indication)
    4) This current exploit that the dev-team does have will work on the new iPhone because it has the same processor and boot processes (which it might not)
    5) The dev-team is witholding the exploit on the off-chance that 1-4 are true.

If you read the article on Occam's Razor and have any respect for today's scientific method, you'll see how ludicrous those of you who are saying the dev-team is witholding an exploit actually sound.

Oh and to stay on topic, the iPod wouldn't be booted far enough to enable the Wifi card, so sending 'run rs' over wireless is out of the question. The issue is we can't load the kernel, which is what we need to boot to the point where we can use Wifi. It's a catch-22 - if we could load the kernel to load the wireless drivers, we could load the kernel by sending 'run rs' to the iPod over wireless.