A phone better than the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Milesneptune, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Is there a phone that is better than the iPhone 3gs? I have a 3gs right now, but I can still return it. I have seen the Motorola Droid, but it is on Verizon. I am on a family plan which is on AT&T. I would like to get the Droid, but I would have to pay a lot of money for the data plan. If I stay on AT&T my parents will pay for the phone line, but not the data plan. Verizon doesn't get much signal in my area either. I want a phone with Android if possible. I was thinking of getting a Tmobile phone and unlocking it so I can use it on AT&T. I might also just get a phone with a slide out keyboard and an iPod touch 3g. If you can think of a good phone on Tmobile or AT&T please tell me. I prefer AT&T.

Thank You

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    There is no mobile device greater than iPhone. No matter how many specifications you bring up, the community, the support, the development, and the User Interface of iPhone surpasses any other by a margin that is insurmountable.
  3. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    That statement is entirely arguable, but I can see why you could say that.
    To the OP, this is a wrong place to post a question like this as this will generate heavily-biased responses as you can see above. Nevertheless, as an owner of an iPhone and as a former user of other comparable phones, I can safely say that the ease of use and the polished UI is in my opinion the best. If you prefer a slide out keyboard, HTC Dream or T-mobile G1 would be a good choice.
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I worded the original response wrong:

If you want a decent phone with excellent features, for a reasonable price, with an open operating system, go with the Droid.

If you want a supportive community and a generally superior device, purchase iPhone.

My Apple-fanboy-ness had got to my head in the previous post, my apologies

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. jeeab

jeeab Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would keep my ipod touch and go with a droid. Verizon has way better coverage
  6. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Sigh....I own an iPhone and love it. However, I do know that there are as good phones out there. Droid is an excellent phone with over 11,000 Apps already. Seriously, how many apps does a user really need?

In any event, I agree that right now the iPhone is the most polished and has great functionality. It has the best and most responsive multi touch functionality I have ever used.
  7. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^^^to continue yours
    also having the jailbreak to be able to theme and get more features
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yes, iPhones are able to be jailbroken to be themed, but Droid doesn't even need to be jailbroken/hacked to be themed. You are able to theme them out of the box.
  9. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i no but i meant like you can also add more apps such to make the experience better
    and it becomes just as good jailbroken
    if your not planning on jailbraking ill go with da droid
  10. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)