A petition for apple

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SiN Altr Ego EL, Sep 25, 2008.

1. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    so, here is the deal. i'm reading on the forums, about all these different problems that are surfacing with the new iPod Touch 2G. well i actually have some of these problems with mine aswell. so here is what i'm proposing. since a lot of us think that apple shouldn't have had these problems at all, (since they are so simple in nature), i propose that we get together a petition with all of our different problems, and send it into apple. idealy, apple would fix these problems with a new version of the 2g, and then do a recall and on our old ones and give us new ones.

here may be one of the big problems with this idea. if they do a recall, apple may change some of the things that may null out some of the dev team's progress on a new jailbreak. so it could go both ways.

this isn't the petition itself, i would like the premission of the admins to host it on this site and hopefully have their support before we do anything. this thread is for me to hear all of ur feed back about this idea. so what do u guys think?
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    What are all these big problems? And if there actuallt was a big problem don't you think Apple would know and fix it?
  3. SiN Altr Ego EL

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    well like people are saying that their accelorameters are all messed up, and the home button doesn't work, and that apps are randomly closing out and the wifi is all messed up and the battery... the list goes on. and i'm not doubting that apple knows how to fix it, but i think they should fix it on a large scale. the people who bought them right as they released are like the ginnea pigs. we find out the problems that surface after the release. so now what r we gonna do? i've also read that a lof of people send their stuff back in, well my idea is to do that on a large scale.
  4. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    only problem i had was the home button wasnt working right, brought it to the apple store and they replaced it no charge. Apple is actually very good when it comes to supporting their products. Not sure what "Big Problems" you are experiencing, but I dont see them.

btw, if your big problems are streaming music or 3D apps killing your battery....umm, get over it.....that is the same as any and all pdas.
  5. SiN Altr Ego EL

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    well its not that the battery is dying from 3d apps, but from just being on. and just cause u only had one problem, other people had other problems. so u know what, READ THE FORUM!
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

This would not happens; Apple wouldn't waste hundreds of millions of dollars for some internet petition.
  7. SiN Altr Ego EL

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    ok. a lot of ppl misunderstand or misread or w/e. but i'm not saying there are "big problems" with the ipods, but with my idea. god read people. think b4 u speak
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    well if they wont spend money on it, y r they exchanging all these ipod free of charge. they still need 2 referbish the ipods, and that costs money. so their out of some money either way. and they should have done some testing b4 they released the new touch, and they SHOULD have cought them because we're catching them within a few weeks of them being released.

if people would stop and think about what is being discussed here, it actually may be a good idea and could work.
  8. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Actually I do read the forum.....and most peoples complaints and/or bugs are bogus. If your touch is really not working properly then bring it back and they will replace it....battery life is not a viable complaint for a few reasons.

1) Everyone would complain if the touch was the thickness of the Classic....RIGHT.....well if you want extended battery life you need more battery.....obvious right?? Well I guess not to most. If i watch a movie I have to plug it in after I have watched a couple movies (so about 4 hours.) well.....the bright and large screen drains the thing! If you wanted a week of battery life AND also would like all the pda features you would be looking at a seriously bulky device that noone would like and would kinda resemble that ugly microsoft device.

2) Use it like an Ipod get Ipod battery performance! I listened to nothing but music one day....all day, for about 10 hours....and the battery meter barely even moved. They say 32 hours of music.....well that would be if you use it like an ipod! Using other features that turn on the screen and/or use intense processing power will eat your battery life.

3) Poorly written and 3D apps! I've noticed that some apps are just written poorly for the ipod touch/Iphone. Some games that don't even use any 3D will melt the device. Basically if your app is turning your little pocket mac into a pocket heater it is going to drain the battery! That heat is coming from the CPU overworking....this could be due to intense calculations based on heavy 3D processing, or just major memory leaks in the application that is causing loop backs and wasted cycles....either way, you will drain your ipod.

Not being able to jailbreak your Ipod Touch btw is not a viable complaint.....I was happy with the 1g being able to be jailbroken, it was cool and allowed for customization that isnt currently available, and I will probably jailbreak my 2g once its possible......but that is not something to petition apple about...its not their problem that you can't use their product how they didnt intend it to be used.

Oh yeah, btw, your only arguement so far was "read the forums"....you still haven't told me these "big problems" your referring to.
  9. rash219

rash219 New Member

Your idea does sound good but the thing is no company would announce a recall unless a HUGE batch of product/s were actually defective.......but i would like to see a new firmware come out to fix all these problems like error to network connection.....random closing of apps.....home button acting funny...(mine usually brings up the music control)...and other software related glitches
  10. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Refurbishing cost a very minimal amount of money compared to recalling an entire generation of iPods and making new ones.