A peculiar situation

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by buckeyenut16, Apr 17, 2008.

1. buckeyenut16

buckeyenut16 New Member

So I'm in a little bit of a peculiar situation...I dropped my touch into the toilet. I pulled it out, dried it off as much as possible, i turned it on, and it worked fine. A little while later the music stopped to i tried to reconnect the headphones, worked fine for a couple seconds then the music completely stopped. I then tried to turn it off and let it stay off so i could dry it out and it turned itself back on and the backlight wasn't working. So i let the battery run down and sent it into apple. Of course they figured out that it had water damage even though the H2O indicator was only half pink, their sending it back much to my dismay. I have no idea what to do: sell it as broken but somewhat working on ebay, craigslist, try to go to the apple store and see what they can do? Anything would help, like the rest of you i rely on my ipod very heavily. And if yall have no suggestions do you have anyone who wants a half broken iPod? Haha thanks.
  2. buckeyenut16

buckeyenut16 New Member

any suggestions please? anyone had any better luck with the apple store?
  3. Mekhami

Mekhami New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Because you already sent it in, they'll have made a note on your account. If you hadn't sent it in yet, you could have used a Q-tip of alcohol on the Litmus Strip to 'reset' the strip, and they would have noticed no water damage.

I don't know that there's anything to be done about it now.
  4. buckeyenut16

buckeyenut16 New Member

well hell. looks like i may have to get along with this one. or sell my zune and ipod and buy a refrub.
  5. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Do the alcohol thing, but take it into the apple store. They will 90% sure replace it.
  6. mitch88ell

mitch88ell New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok not trying to be rude but how did you drop it into the toilet...and sorry about your iPod
  7. buckeyenut16

buckeyenut16 New Member

haha well i went into the bathroom to get a magazine and had my ipod in my hand with headphones in, reached down for magazines, ipod slipped, i fumbled and it fell in toilet. very sad story.
  8. mitch88ell

mitch88ell New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok i see...i was hoping you weren't doing...you know...lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Laura123

Laura123 New Member

A suggestion

If you end up not getting it replaced it might just be water damage to the battery. I found a place called ipodjuice.com that sells replacement iPod batteries with tools and instructions so you can replace it yourself. It's worth a try and they have a great return policy if it doesn't work.
    Good Luck!