A noticeable fix with 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by truthstar, Nov 27, 2007.

1. truthstar

truthstar Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    First post here, been reading around for a bit, this has to be the best place for anything touch.

Anyways..

Before 1.1.2 if you were on a Wifi and on for instance Apollo when your iPod went to sleep or you locked it the signal to the Wifi would cut too which meant you'd have to reconnect once you unlocked it, which can be troublesome if you're trying to chat with someone. With 1.1.2 I have notice that you stay connected, which is great.
  2. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    dose it i think with 1.1.1 it did that so long as you were useing the wifi for stuff like you were downloading something any way there is all so a bad side to doing that the battlife will go down quicker
  3. Darrell

Darrell New Member

Does it? I'm not really sure because I use JohnTool. Do you have it installed, too? It's an app meant to maintain wifi connection even when in sleep/lock mode. It runs when you tap it and runs until you reboot.
  4. truthstar

truthstar Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sounds good I will check it out.
  5. Darrell

Darrell New Member

I tried this and it doesn't work like the OP said. It's just the sama as with FW 1.1.1 - it turns off wifi when the iPod touch goes to sleep.
  6. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah I just tested this myself. It seems that when your on 1.1.2, and your talking to someone on Apollo, and you turn your iPod Touch to sleep mode, then turn it back on and click Apollo again, and your still in the chat, but it seems that if your in sleep mode for a longer period of time, WiFi does shut off.