A noob needs help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fastnfuriousazn@yahoo.com, Apr 25, 2008.

1. fastnfuriousazn@yahoo.com

fastnfuriousazn@yahoo.com New Member

Hello, I just learned about jailbreaking and hacking and such today. I read a lot of stuff like this: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54152 . I think I've jailbreaked my iPod touch and I've gotten Installer but when I use Installer to install packages it says "Package download failed: can't find host!". I've tried clearing queues, restarting ipod, anything I could think of, but I still cannot install anything. I've tried refreshing sources but it says "Refresh Failed, Could not refresh sources!". I've been reading around many places and following guides and tutorials and I've been wasting almost 8 hours doing everything but nothing will work. I think the reason for this is because I do not have a Wi-Fi connection for my iPod touch. However, then again NO ONE that I have read all over the internet has ever mentioned clearly and to-the-pointly that you MUST have internet to perform Installer. I'm still not sure though, someone please make it clear; this is extremely confusing. I would like to have fun with apps as soon as possible.

Thanks.

edit: if Wi-Fi is required to use Installer, could someone tell me if it is possible at all to make a network (or whatever it's called) without using a wireless router in my house? We only have ethernet cords. thanks again
  2. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok so i sujest you redo the jailbreak by restoring your ipod (you will lose all your music photos and videos)
    to do this just go and push the sleep button and home button until the ipod turns off keep holding the home button until it tells you to connect to itunes.... then do your jailbreak method
  3. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I just want to say that you're awesome. Most people would have at least 10 or so posts asking stupid questions before they got as far as you. Thank you for searching. It is very refreshing to see someone who knows how to use a forum.
  4. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i agree but this happened to me........
  5. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    He doesn't have Wifi, nor a router. So doing this is useless.
  6. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    HAHA! I just read your post.... Yes, you need Wifi for Installer to work. That is how it downloads apps. BUT there is a USB installer floating around. Search for USB installer, it adds the downloaded packages to installer so that installer can install them without wifi.

EDIT: SEARCH THIS SITE!!! The USB installer came out recently
  7. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    oh......... posted this before he said that
  8. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It took you 5 minutes to write that?
  9. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    kinda......... i am watching a movie........... the best................ JURASSIC PARK....

Please Register or Log in to view images

lol
  10. fastnfuriousazn@yahoo.com

fastnfuriousazn@yahoo.com New Member

wow, It worked!!!! I used this guy's thing: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37877&highlight=usb installer
    I can install stuff on my iPod now =D
    Thanks so much everyone!!