A new way to get the original reflective dock back?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Darlyn, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Darlyn

Darlyn Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I think I found a new way to get the original reflective dock back?

After installing Customize on my 1.1.2 iPod, I lost the reflection from my dock and was stuck with the hideous 320x91 iPhone dock. For I few days a had to stick with a measly pseudo-reflection I incorporated into my dock's image. I then realized that the Advanced Preferences tweak by Skylar has an "iPod dock" option. I simply turned this on and, to my pleasant surprise, it worked!

Here's a quick guide for those who don't get it:
    1. If you have not already done so, install Advanced Preferences (available from the official iPodTouchFans repository, http://touchrepo.com/repo.xml)
    2. After installing it, go to Settings > Advanced Preferences and turn on "iPod Dock"
    3. In Customize, set the little black square under "Backup" as you dock and respring.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. lilplaya2567

lilplaya2567 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    cool so are u saying that if im on 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 i will be able to get the default dock in 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 (the small one)? because this is the little thing thats keeping me from 1.1.3, that big dock
  3. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    sweet thanks for this
  4. Darlyn

Darlyn Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    lilplaya2567, you overlooked the fact that I haven't tried this on anything over 1.1.2. I have no idea if this will work on 1.1.3/1.1.4. I suggest you try it and report back here

5. sushiboy

sushiboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    The thing is, my Customize doesn't have that half-a-dock thing like yours. I only have the default dotted dock backup. HELP!

Or best, can you SSH to your iPod and send me a copy of those images? Thanks!
  6. Virtualball

Virtualball Well-Known Member

In 1.1.4/1.1.3, the iPod Dock has changed. Currently,it is not located on the iPod anymore. In fact, there is still a slight difference between iPod/iPhone Docks. The lighting's little different on the iPod.
  7. thebamboozle

thebamboozle New Member

under what category can i see Advanced Preference? I have the repo and i use to see advanced pref somewhere in Installer but for some weird reason i cant find it this time around.
  8. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

As the creator of the Advanced Preferences package, as well as the TouchRepo, and the cat who first discovered how to remove the reflection on the iPod Dock, I assure you that doing this will only work on firmwares older than and including 1.1.2.
  9. Darlyn

Darlyn Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I apologize for not making it any clearer. This is what I meant by the "little black square":

That image should come standard with Customize. If not, here it is (do not try to preview the PNG in your computer; it can only be read the the iPod):

Attached Files:

10. sushiboy

sushiboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Y'know what, I figured it all out. I now can use slanting half docks and not make them float like crazy. I don't even need to use Advanced Prefs, the Customize tiny dock or anything. It just doesn't have any reflections still, which kinda sucks.