A new way to get 2.0 for free

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Appstore 2.0, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Okay, this is soooo freaking odd. My iPod got an error while restoring to 1.1.4, so fiddling around with the wake/sleep button and the home button i got it into restore mode. From here iTunes said "your ipod will need to be connected to iTunes to work, download the new software and restore?" i clicked ok, it started downloading 2.0 i was like "yay, please work!!" and it got it, my iPod now has 2.0.

I may also be the most stupid person ever made however, while trying to go back to 1.1.4 (this is before the aforementioned story) i deleted my iTunes library so iTunes 7.5 would work, and it did. But i then had to redownload 7.7 because 7.5 didn't know what to do with a 2.0 iPod. So i reinstall 7.7 and everything goes wrong : my iPod doesn't get recognized and goes into the please connect to iTunes screen. Guess what the real problem was though...

ALL OF MY SONGS AND ALL OF MY VIDEOS ARE GONE! I don't purchase all of my music but i do purchase all of my TV shows (south park) and all of my audiobooks (ricky gervais podcasts), they're all gone! iTunes doesn't offer the compensation either to redownload all of my tracks/videos/audiobooks either!! I'm just glad i didn't purchase SMB or Crash Team racing yet...

Screenies

Please Register or Log in to view images

:

2. lgchicken

lgchicken New Member

backup
    backup
    backup
    backup
    backup

though you will always learn the lesson the hard way.
    i bet now you wished you had paid the $10 and kept your stuff

3. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Yeah but now iTunes lets me download all of the things i had in my library for free trouble is i forgot most of the songs i had downloaded and i don't want to download every single episode of southpark manually, do you know a quicker way to just download everything i already bought?
  4. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

Well, seeing that you "deleted your iTunes library", I would think it would pretty obvious that you would lose everything.
  5. Eztli

Eztli New Member

What did you think deleting your library would do? Good job.
  6. ficho

ficho New Member

Right click on your "Purchased" playlist and click "Check for Purchases...". It should get all the stuff you ever bought that are not on your computer.