iOS 4.0 A new development team...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by stanleybridgeboy, Apr 11, 2010.

?

What should we call our team/project?

Poll closed Apr 13, 2010.
  1. iRev0lut!0n

57.9%
  2. Blackw1nd

28.9%
  3. Whitew1nd

18.4%
  4. iTweakSn0w

7.9%
  5. iTuneSn0w

5.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

So, Milesneptune and myself have come together and decided to work as a team into future developments towards iPod Touch and iPhone. At the moment we're working on getting iPhone OS 4 installed and activated without a UDID. We're also considering doing future work; Jailbreak; Jailbreak tool; Fully GUI tools.

With that said, we need a name. So, choose the one you like best please and help us figure out what we're going to call our development team/project!
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Might I inquire as to what experience you have?
  3. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Names should be secondary to the actual project. It doesn't matter what you're called, as long as you can output quality work.
  4. stanleybridgeboy

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Not sure about Milesneptune.

Myself, take or leave what I have. I worked by myself towards an untethered jailbreak for the iPod Touch 2G came out, and did what I could, and took in everything there was to learn towards it. Though, I was on vacation at the same time and I was beaten to the release... Let alone actually accomplishing it.

As far as my knowledge goes, in general I'm tech savvy. Not that it means anything here, but in the past I've worked a lot with the iPhone and iPod Touch both as I own both.. And I have done what I could, I've learned a lot and went into situations the average user wouldn't have ended up in. I tweak around with everything... Espcially these devices.
  5. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i have some experience with coding and iphone applications and i also have experience with finding many tweaks and changing this with nonjailbroken ipods
  6. Flea

Flea New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I really like what you guys are trying to do.
    My vote goes for iRev0lut!0n
    Maybe without the zeroes though, keep the exclamation mark.
    I don't think you should use Black'xxxx' as those are typically geohot's tools
  7. stanleybridgeboy

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Thanks xPod.

We appreciate all the support!
  8. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Let's not kid ourselves; SOME programming experience (no matter the language) is not going to get you far in finding bootrom vulnerabilities, and neither is "tweaking" things at the user level.

I've seen this before: some kids get together and start a "dev team". It just doesn't work. Typically asking for name suggestions before working on anything is a tell-tale sign of that.

You guys can probably make some cool stuff, but a jailbreak? Come on, how about explaining some of the epic exploits used in the past, first?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a kid too. Not trying to spoil anyone's fun here, but you can't have fun if you don't know what you're doing. So make sure you know what you're doing first. For me, learning itself is fun.

edit: for that last part, I'm talking about programming and knowledge of how computers work at the low-level.
  9. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    we are doing irevolution with the cool thingys you know the @!#@ im not swearing just well..... referencing the symbols we use ughhh....

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    yes i agree with axis we might not be able to make a jailbreak but we can sure do some fun stuff with these sexy keys

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Your names all suck. I propose Paronomasiaphobia.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.