A new 2.26 GHz or an old 2.4 aluminium?

Discussion in 'WWDC 2009 (June 8-12)' started by yamishinigami, Jun 11, 2009.

1. yamishinigami

yamishinigami New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey guys im about to buy me a mac (my foist mac possession

Please Register or Log in to view images

) so the question is should i buy the nem macbook pro bottom line 2.26 GHz model or go for a refurbished 2.4 aluminum cuz now they cost 100 less than the 2.26 . i dont really need an sd card slot or the new firewire port the only thing im interested in is performance and speed and 100 bucks is pretty much money more so if your spending tht extra on a comp tht has a slower processor. so if you know any other reasons why i should buy the 2.26 pls tell me otherwise i think im gonna go with the ol 2.4
  2. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, if you're after performance and speed, go for more Gigahertz. Some people don't notice a difference though.

Advice, don't upgrade Ram or HD through Apple as it's too overpriced.
  3. yamishinigami

yamishinigami New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thx flames and now tht u mention it i could buy more memory with tht 100 bucks so thts another reason to buy the 2.4
  4. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I am going for the new 2.26 GHz
  5. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Get the 2.26GHz one!!!
  6. moabal

moabal New Member

Why would you get the 2.26 ghz one? You cannot upgrade ram I think. If you only get 2 you might as well get more.
  7. zao8350

zao8350 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    go with the 2.4ghz one. you can upgrade ram moabal, you just have to get apple to do it for you.
  8. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Huge battery life difference, or slight speed increase. Your choice

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How old are you? You'll find out soon, how important those two ports are.
  10. moabal

moabal New Member

Well I don't like when Apple does it they overcharge. I am a very rational thinker and I am very open to any computer but here is how I look at it.

The old Macbook Aluminums were a rip off because the white Macbook was overall better despite DDR3. Anyways Apple renames the aluminum Macbook's and name them Pro's. Personally I do not care if they are making room for something else, but there is no reason to put it there but to make people think they are actually getting a "Pro" computer. People are saying the lowest Macbook Pro Aluminum is a good deal. I do not like that because 160GB machine for that price? Most computers for $599.99 have at least 250GB. Also you get 2GB ram. Thats not impressive because you can get 4GB ram on computers that are $600.00 and below. I do like Apple and love Macs. It's just I never thought the actual computer is a good deal. Now with the upgrade you get a 7 hour battery which you cannot beat I must admit. However the SD Card does not go in and you cannot remove the battery. If you cannot remove the battery, you cannot make updates like hardrive or ram by yourself. If you do it through Apple it is a fortune. We should have the flexibility to upgrade our own machine. If we were able to do this we could all get he lowest Macbook Pro Aluminum and make our own modifications to meet our needs without spending a fortune more for a bit better processing speed. Sorry guys I do not see why this is so big.