A Negative SwitchEasy Review

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by upd, Feb 1, 2008.

1. upd

upd New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I decided to make my own thread, rather than writing a review in someone else's.

This is continued from http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32338

Uh...yeah the dock adapter. I don't have a dock. I just use the cords. The dock is rather an expensive item that I don't need, as I use my theater system+itunes for music.

The car is just the dock cord, only it is much bigger than the standard one from Apple, for which the hole on the bottom of the Capsule is designed to fit snuggly in.

I'm working on getting a refund and getting this thing out of my house. Honestly, I was excited when I first got the case, but when I put it in there and realized, "Hey this doesn't look anything like it did in the pictures!" I was a little bummed.

The back protector doesn't stick very well at all, and starts to come up around the edges of the iPod Touch, leaving a sticky residue behind that attracts nasty things.

The case makes typing on the keyboard difficult for those who have big fingers, especially when I go to hit keys like P. Not to mention dragging icons around in 1.1.3 is a challenge because the edge of the case prevents me from getting my finger further over enough to make the icons go to the next page; I end up having to use a finger nail and even then it sometimes doesn't work and I have to take it out of the case.

Also because of the large front over hang, the crevices between said edge and the iPod itself are havens for attracting dirt. Not to mention dirt somehow got underneath the screen protector, and I now have a scratched iPod screen, producing lovely rainbow effects on white Safari webpages. Applying two screen protectors while not getting any finger prints in between them is very, very hard for me to do.

Like I said, the case feels like cheap plastic. Certainly not $25 worth of plastic. I am very careful with the case without an iPod in it, as it feels like I could break it. This goes to prove that the case is using the iPod to support itself.

The case is made of three parts, and the frame that has a "pocket" for the iPod touch to slip into fell off one day when I was removing the Touch, and it currently has a hard time staying attached to its original location.

These are my views on the Capsule Touch. I'm leaving my iPod on my desk on its nice little included cloth until I get some other form of protection. Overall, I am very underwhelmed with the performance of the Capsule, definitely not worth the money. In fact, I believe half the cost of what you pay for comes in the packaging, kind of like the Braun Pulsonic Razor (google that). An expensive electric razor, but the packaging was very elaborate, especially in the case of the Capsule.
  2. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    don't forget.. there really ugly & out of style colors
  3. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

LOL I don't see how any color could be out of style.
  4. saysay

saysay New Member

5. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    LOL! I meant.. shoot.. what's that word. Oh, shade. The shades of color they choose are ugly =\ not the color itself (like the orange).. lol my bad
  6. boogietrain07

boogietrain07 New Member

Thank you so much for posting this review, I am getting an iPod Touch in two weeks and was planning on getting this case, now I know not to waste my money on it.
  7. Fadakar

Fadakar New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    This helped me too, I ordered the Invisible Shield at discount price and an Incase cover for when I get my iPod this weekend.