A Message for Malicious instore hackers...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kinematic@yahoo.com, Oct 18, 2007.

1. kinematic@yahoo.com

kinematic@yahoo.com New Member

This is a message for you POS idiots that go into an electronic store and maliciously use the jailbreak to deliberately brick demo models of the iPod Touch!

STOP BEING A DOUCHE! I was in my local Futureshop store and someone deliberately bricked it. Not that the store doesn't deserve bad karma from time to time, but when things like this happens, it just draws attention to Apple that they need to close up this 'hole' so malicious behavior like this doesn't happen again.

On another topic similar, make sure you change your SSH password from 'alpine'.

Also for added security, if you're using a free or open WiFi hot spot, you should go into the settings and select WiFi and select the (>) on the connected WiFi port and change the DNS to 208.67.222.222, 208.67.222.220
    This is OpenDNS and it will keep you protected from phising sites and other malicious sites.
  2. GrimmGreen

GrimmGreen New Member

i don't even know how you would be able to do this
  3. jord

jord New Member

how do I change the password from alpine to something else?
  4. djricekcn

djricekcn New Member

I don't understand how you can do this either without being connected to a PC and stuff
  5. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

You can visit the exploit site, and end up leaving the iPod with just 300Mb space, stopping it connecting to the display computers, or playing music/videos properly - all without a computer. Some shops even have the iPods hooked up to computers, I know the Apple Store in London does.

Read this: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2166 to change your root password.
  6. djricekcn

djricekcn New Member

that is uber gay....well hopefully we don't need to worry abut this at 1st quarter next year
  7. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

What do you mean?
  8. djricekcn

djricekcn New Member

well with apple allowing 3rd party apps and all.
  9. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

People aren't doing it instore because they want third party apps, they're doing it because they're wankers!

As for the third party apps, in my view it's still going to be best to jailbreak. Apple is going to enable "digital signing" on applications and the iPhone/iPod Touch. So only "digitally signed" (Apple approved) applications will run.
  10. ramcosca

ramcosca New Member

Funny but immature. Why do people do this?

Please explain more this OpenDNS thing.