A lot of ipod touch jailbreak questions second generation

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by flipster9795, Jan 17, 2009.

1. flipster9795

flipster9795 New Member

ok i ahve so many questions.

1. wat does redsn0w mean?
    2. wats the point of jailbreaking an ipod?
    3. how do u get free apps for a jailbroken ipod?
    4. wats cydia?
  2. Coasterboi

Coasterboi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    First, it's spelled 'what'. Secondly, couldn't you research those questions yourself? The answers are on these very forums, likely repeated at least 5 times. Also, if by free apps you mean cracked, that is illegal and frowned upon here.
  3. _.-iTouch-Hacker-._

_.-iTouch-Hacker-._ New Member

1. RedSn0w i believe is the people (Team) that is gonna provide us with the 2G Jailbreak.
    2. Jailbreaking an iPod gives you access to total customization of your ipod for system themes and strings and emulators and C***** Apps (These are highly unrecommended and is iLLegal an is not allowed of discusion anywhere on IPTF)
    3. These are C****** Apps and are iLLegal (Read above)
    4. Cydia is the the first of 2 apps you acquire after succesfully Jailbreaking your ipod. The other is installer but they both essentially do the same thing. Cydia is the source where you download all the customization tool and apps that are from 3rd party developers.

Hope that helped

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. dkramer22

dkramer22 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    RE:

Cydia is an application that allows you to download hundreds of third party applications all for FREE. There should be another application called "Installer" and that also allows you to download a lot of third party apps. You will need to browse online for sources so that you have more apps available to download.

The point of jailbreaking an iPod is to get custom themes, applications, and much more all for FREE.

I sure am excited to get a lot more apps.
  5. TheKKKiller

TheKKKiller New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I noticed that all the people asking about cracked apps have bad spelling and barely use caps, and the others who talk about wanting themes, etc talk with proper grammer and all dat shiat...seriously, you'll see what I mean if you look around
  6. flipster9795

flipster9795 New Member

lol its bcz im 13 nd idk about my grammar on the computer if it was for skool nd stuff thats different lol.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    how do u get all of those applicatiosn through cydia do u jsut click the cydia button on ur ipod nd there is a lsit of them liek the app store? is this illegal too nd btw i wasnt talking about illegal apps i didnt no wat they were lol i jsut got my ipod 4 days ago.
  7. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

redsn0w is the name of the project. Not the name of the group....
  8. Lah~Lah

Lah~Lah New Member

omg, 13 yr old, this is a forum where there are teenagers and ADULTS. Speak with proper grammar PLEASE! Some people don't know what you're saying!
  9. MarcoPwnZ

MarcoPwnZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lemmie correct this... Redsn0w is the name of the project, the iphone dev team is the ppl making the jb
  10. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Q: wat does redsn0w mean?
    A: its a patch that clears out the sig check in the ipod touch 2nd gen. So that it will be possible to jailbreak it.

Q: wats the point of jailbreaking an ipod?
    A: Most of the people want themes on their ipod and they want to customize it.

Q: how do u get free apps for a jailbroken ipod?
    A: illegal

Q: wats cydia?
    A: its an app in a jailbroken ipod which similar to the app store. But in this one, you can download themes icons, etc etc etc

Never talk about cracked apps here.