A little problem...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bl00dr4g3, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello,

Today, I was hanging out with a few relatives and some how we ended up talking about iPoT's and iPhones. My aunt then told me that she has a friend that works for apple. So i asked if she could fix my iPod and she said it was ok. I was going to ask about my iPhone 2G but i remembered it isn't activated so the only way to show the problem to them ( the bottom of the screen is inactive and the wifi doesnt work) is to jailbreak it and unlock it. So what should i do? Thanks in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Well there are two ways of looking at it...

With it jailbroken, she might be risking her job on trying to fix it. Or period, since I'm guessing the warranty is up?

Or, she might be a good family friend and give it a shot anyways...

I'd just leave it if I were you, cause either way it could turn out bad for that friend.
  3. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks, but your information is not going to help. Because when I asked what should i do, i meant should i unjailbreak it and let them try to just fix the unresponsive bottom or not bring it to apple at all. Also, would i be able to get a way with using boss prefs to hide cydia and all that stuff, even boss prefs its self?
  4. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Sorry. I didn't understand your post, I must be pretty tired.

Alright, well if you restore and go to the stock firmware, it's probably your best bet. Apple can still get into the phone that way man, whenever I sent mine away they had me remove the SIM and restore leaving it at the Emergency Call screen waiting for a SIM and for it to be activated.

Hopefully this post helped,
    Brendan
  5. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No need to apologize, and thanks. I have decided i'll give it to them like that. Thanks.