A little problem in the end

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by iwebsurfer, Feb 1, 2009.

1. iwebsurfer

iwebsurfer New Member

Alright, I went through all the steps and it all worked fine. I used the redsnow 1.0 thing. All steps worked fine with no problems. Now im kind of stuck in the end. Ipod screen is black and windows is giving me an error message saying "One of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message." I tried the holding power and home buttom like 50 times now and nothing happens, the message keeps re-appearing, no sounds. Itunes says that my ipod is in recovery mode. What should I do? should i restore it back and do it again. DId i make a mistake in the middles? Thanks.
  2. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Everything was going fine, thats what should happen. What guide were you using, there should be a few more steps to get past that.
  3. iwebsurfer

iwebsurfer New Member

I'm using http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138081. THe redsnow tool. Its pretty simple. I don't see any other steps after that. Maybe i should restore and do it with the regular manual tutorials.
  4. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    can't you understand the meaning of DFU mode?

run it in DFU. if your telling me its in DFU mode it should be recognized.

hold the 2 buttons for ten seconds. release the sleep/wake button while holding the home button still. wait until itunes recognizes it. then continue with the steps
  5. shiningsnow

shiningsnow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    restore, then use the boothelper/bootfile and it will boot up
  6. iwebsurfer

iwebsurfer New Member

Restore to original you mean?
  7. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yes , restore and start as a new ipod , do not restore from any backups, so if u try again there will be less chance of errors.
  8. Gr4v1ty

Gr4v1ty Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I can't even get it t restore. It's not even on itunes...
  9. iwebsurfer

iwebsurfer New Member

Yeah, after trying the holding method, it doesnt show up on itunes anymore. it used to be in recovery now it wont even show up, just the error message. any suggestions?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Fixed. Thanks for all the support guys. I used the boot thing a million times and got my timing right. Now it works fine. For the people that are having problems, make sure you get your timing right.