a little help?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by db1561, Feb 3, 2008.

1. db1561

db1561 New Member

I downloaded 4 apps, Weather, notes, Maps & mail...I unzipped and placed in the application folder of the itouch, The icons are there but when I try to open up they kinda freeze? basicly they don't work..Any suggestions? I am at jailbreak 1.1.2, And I downloaded the apps for 1.2.2 @ Apple's Repository they copied over with no prob but they just wont fire up! Also I used filezilla to access the itouch application folder. I did notice that there are ?marks on the folders of the apps that work but not on the ones I installed?

Thanks
  2. bgmrk

bgmrk New Member

make sure you change permissions on everything in the folders to 755
  3. db1561

db1561 New Member

hmm

Not sure what you mean? pardon my ignorance...but i looked in each folder and did not see anything about permission??

thanks

I think i may have figure it out ..do i right click on each file and change the numeric value to 755?
  4. bgmrk

bgmrk New Member

yup (darn char limit)
  5. db1561

db1561 New Member

hmmm

I got the weather to work...notes to work! But maps & mail wont respond after I change to 755! anybody else have this prob with these two apps?

Thanks
  6. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

make sure you have also installed the mail prep and maps prep files (you can find them in the installer if you have added the 'all sources' source stickied at the top of this form). Oh and again make sure you set permissions if required. That should do the trick.
  7. db1561

db1561 New Member

Uh oh!

Oh Boy...I tried searching here but I am probably going to get ripped, but here goes.....How do you add the "all sources" I don't think I have ever done this? I look in my installer and I don't see anything that resembles this?

Thanks for your patience!

A Fumbling...bumbling noob... Okay sorry to bother you all but I found what I was lookin for