A little help please...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Optical1, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Optical1

Optical1 New Member

Hi all, I jailbroke my itouch no problem, then i went into summerboard to start adding apps, and when i came out and back to the home screen on the ipod the bottom 4 icons had moved to the top overlapping the safari, youtube, contacts and calendar icons...

Do i need to restore my itouch or can this be fixed easily without restoring?

Heres an image to make this a little easier to understand.

[img=http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3120/dsc00021hj5.th.jpg]
  2. picaso

picaso New Member

Do a search for summerboard or read the wiki, its statetes that it isnt compatible, uninstall it.
  3. Optical1

Optical1 New Member

Lots of people have used it though and it has been compatible, there are videos of it being used on youtube too...

Or am I misinterpreting something
  4. picaso

picaso New Member

Arrghh you know life will be easy for everyone if pple just tok time to read stuff and do a little search on google, this board and all, the new version is an alpha/beta stage, which needs you to use sftp/ssh to install it, little risky but works, just do a search and you will find it (which if you did earlier this thread won't have existed)... No one wants to be cranky, but I answer this same question everytime, everyday, all the time.
  5. Optical1

Optical1 New Member

Come on man go easy on me i'm a noob,

Please Register or Log in to view images

i have read around and many of the posts are in a fashion i'm just not tech savy enough to understand...

Sorry but can i ask one more stupid question.... and i'll leave you alone!

Am I best to uninstall summerboard and try and go through it the sftp way or just wait until summerboard is directly compatible with the touch...

Tell me to shut up if you want!

6. picaso

picaso New Member

Lol i wont tell you to shut up, i aint rude

, I didn't use the summerboard, will rather wait till the improved updated easy version is out, cos I really have what i really wanted, the iphone apps. That's my 2 cents.
  7. Optical1

Optical1 New Member

lol well you will tell me to shut up sooner or later...

another silly one...

i was only after the iphone apps, are you saying i didn't need to install the summerboard to get the apps on it?

and if so could you please just point me in the direction of the thread that explains how to put iphone apps on an itouch without going through the sftp process if that is possible.

I am sorry if these have all been answered before, and I really do appreciate you taking the time to help, or anyone else for that matter!

Once again sorry for all the dumb questions, but you know what they say "you don't ask you don't get!"
  8. Rawd

Rawd New Member

9. picaso

picaso New Member

Are you on widows or mac? if mac i found a way to do it without sftp, but installer.app doesnt seem to be working and your ipod will forever not sync with ur itunes... for now though.
    Then again i wont give to you on second thought, i want you to figure out the sftp. you might help me answer other ppls question when i am sleepy... my pm is almost full.\
  10. endy

endy New Member