A little help, please.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by qbit, Mar 18, 2009.

1. qbit

qbit New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,

I’m not sure if I’ve done something wrong or if I’m just a total idiot… And yes, I’m a newbie at all of this.

So I used Quick Freedom and successfully jail broke the iPod (I think). Everything worked and I have Installer & Cydia on the screen. Inside of Cydia it looks as though there are a bunch of Packages installed.

I don’t have Wi-Fi at home (and when I try to use an ad hoc network with the laptop, the iPod gets a perfect signal but it can’t connect.) so I can’t download apps the easy way.

I figured out how to get into the file system (iFunBox) and downloaded some .deb files (WinterBoard, OpenSSH, Categories, SBSettings and Five Column SpringBoard) and placed them in /var/root/media/Cydia/AutoInstall and rebooted the iPod. They now show up in Cydia (except for FCSB), but I don’t have any new icons on the screen.

So, I have all these packages installed under Cydia… how do I get any of them to work?

Thanks…
  2. qbit

qbit New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Anyone?
  3. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i thought you have to install them first?
  4. claylj

claylj New Member

Nice try. The apps need to be installed via Cydia.
  5. qbit

qbit New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I put the .deb filrs in /var/root/media/Cydia/AutoInstall and they show up in Cydia in Packages as installed.... There is a lot of stuff in Cydia under Packages that I don't have icons for and I just don't understand this stuff.