A little confused on what to do now...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by warped88, Apr 23, 2008.

1. warped88

warped88 New Member

Hey, Guys.

I purchased an 8GB Touch the other day (new from Costco, with 1.1.4).

I decided today to try Jailbreaking it and downloaded ziphone. Everything worked great with no problems.

But, looking through the guides here (I found the site after I jailbroke), I'm confused as to what's next. Some mention programs that were already installed after the jailbreak (ssh, bsd etc). Some mention repos that I already have.

So, that's why I am confused. For somone who just jailbroke with ziphone 3.0, what would you recommend he do now? Add different repos? Some other hack? and so on...

Stupid questions, I'm sure, but after reading through pages of posts and the guides, I was just left confused....

Thanks for helping a newbie

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
  3. warped88

warped88 New Member

Thanks, jpga13.

However, that was one of the guides I was referring to that confused me. Ie: It says to install iphone 1.1.4 apps, but as I understand it, I already have these as my Touch came with the January upgrade. And some of the other steps didn't make sense (why install the bsd 2.0 fix, when I have bsd 2.1 and the fix states for 1.1.3 only?)

Anyway, not the place to bring this up, I guess...I'll ask in that thread.

Thanks for the assist

4. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

well the thing is that the latest version of ziphone installs all those apps and fixes for u ... so what they say in the guides is for ppl that do not have them ... so if u DO have them then u do not have to worry about them (as long as they are working properly which i asume they r) .. the next step for u is to go out there and start looking for apps that u want or just try some stuff... read well the requierments for apps.. so see if u meet them or not.... anyways i hope taht helps
  5. warped88

warped88 New Member

Thanks, ddgv.

That what I thought as well, but wasn't sure. I think there are some steps I can still take (like moving the apps folder etc with bosstool). So, I'll continue reading.

Thank, again

6. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

no problem... and yes u can still make some stuff out of the guides... i recomend while doing the bosstool that u dont move the apps folder just cause its not that recomended
  7. warped88

warped88 New Member

ahhh. Alright then. I thought it sounded like a good idea incase I go crazy with apps. I'll leave it alone for now untill (if) I find myself with a tonne of apps.

Many thanks.