A Jailbroken Ipod Touch = A Poorly programmed piece of Firmware

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by tboy80thousand, Dec 17, 2008.

1. tboy80thousand

tboy80thousand New Member

This opinion all started today when i heard from a friend that it was "awesome" to jailbreak you iPod Touch. well it turns out that i did and i was alright at first. the main things that i liked were that you could customize nearly everything. but after about a half hour of getting more and more used to the jailbroken firmware i started to notice small but yet annoying bugs in the jailbroken firmware, one was that the bar at the top of the ipod with the battery display was on the right side of the screen when i was in safari. so in other words i had my touch the way with the long side going up and the staus bar or w/e you call it was on the right side going down...verrry annoying. Another bug was the one i noticed in "dTunes" i thoght it was kinda cool at first but then i realized it was kind of sketchy and the search feature so you can search and download songs and such was buggy in the way that you had to hit like 3 buttons to submit you request. but most of all you can very well tell the the jailbroken iPod Touch firmware was programmed by some john doe in Africa or something. so you could say i learned my lesson and that Apple will always prevail.
  2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    wow. way to be ungrateful. do you know how much has been put into all of those applications, even the jailbreak itself?! NO. YOU DONT.

Sorry EVERYTHING WASN'T PERFECT.

Next time, we'll all try harder, JUST FOR YOU.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ZBrown98

ZBrown98 New Member

I didn't jailbreak mine but i have seen videos of ones on youtube and it is nothing special.
    I think that jailbreaking your ipod is just going to damage it.
  4. Totally 1337

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    it wont DAMAGE it! it CANT damage it!!

OH MY GOD! WHAT IS GOING ON!?!

ITS THE ATTACK OF THE PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW WHAT THEYRE TALKING ABOUT!!

5. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

ARE YOU KIDDING?
    First of all, i'm jailbroken, i have always been jailbroken, and the only noticable difference is that the Settings.app takes an extra 2 seconds to load.
    i have heard various other bugs from other people after a jailbreak, but nothing a restore and re-jailbreak won't fix.
    when i think of all the things a jailbroken firmware has allowed me to do...
    if you prefer clean apple, then fine. but a Jailbroken iPod brings nothing but positives. leaving asside the fact that your device will obviously be open and easier for the user to mess up, but lets not get into that.
  6. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Wow, way to be a f***ing douche.
    Don't use the native application if it stuffs up for you, type in Seeqpod in safari on your iPoT, and do it through there.
    Also, when you twist the iPod in safari, it actually turns up side down and the status bar goes along the side, WOH, OMG IMAGINE THAT!

So stop being an ungrateful prick and actually be thankful for these things.
  7. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

I have no idea what you're talking about in Safari. If your status bar is on the right of the screen, you obviously have your iPod turned sideways.
    dTunes, that is an application not a part of the firmware, and the search/download feature, the buggy part is not the application's fault, it's a website that is in no way affiliated to the maker of dTunes. And wtf are you talking about, "jailbroken iPod Touch firmware"? No such thing. THEY DON'T PROGRAM FIRMWARES, THEY HACK THE EXISTING FIRMWARE. Wow, you have NO idea what you're talking about. I BET YOU COULDN'T DO ANY BETTER.
    FUUCCKKK, I need a panadol.
  8. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Wow. You asked for this coming in here with your huge rant talking about things you don't even know about. Do a little research before you start trashing other peoples hard work. I think it's you. Your firmware is messed up genius. Just stay with normal firmware. I mean my three year old cousin knows more about jailbreak than you do. Oh btw, let's see some of your work Mr. I'm so perfect, let's see you come out with a jailbreak that has no flaws.
    Anonymity is a b*tch!
  9. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

Hahahahh totally is freaking out!

He is right though, you had your iPod jailbroken for about 4 hours, there is so much you can do that it almost makes it worth the bugs.
  10. Totally 1337

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Geez. Get with the picture man!