a how to question..

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by racefan, Oct 26, 2009.

1. racefan

racefan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok i see all of these really cool custom ipods mainly the main screen how do i make my own and then install it...i mean is it that something that a noob to jailbreaking could do or is it pretty difficult to do.....thanks
  2. Cydiaia

Cydiaia Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    difficult
  3. CharginMiLazor

CharginMiLazor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well for noobs u can download a theme, SSH into ur ipod, go to /var/mobile/stash/Themes and go to ur theme, and edit the icons u want, or u can start from scratch but then u need to learn all of the icon names..
  4. kyle1320

kyle1320 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it depends how complex you want the theme to be. If you just want it to be icons, its pretty darn easy. but if you want a full theme like icons, background, custom font, custom statusbar, carrier image, lockscreen, music controls, and other stuff like that it can get kinda complex and usually a lot of trial and error. If you just want it to be icons, then heres how:

In an image editing program, create your icons. They can be whatever you want them to look like. The default icon size is 57x57 pixels. When you are done editing your icons, save them as (name).png (make sure its png or else it wont work) where (name) is the name the app shows up as on your home screen. Capitalization matters!

Create a folder anywhere you want on your computer called (anything you want).theme but make sure it is still a folder even though it has .theme on the end.

In that folder, create another folder called Icons. Place all of the icons you created in that folder.

SSH into your iPod (I recommend WinSCP on Windows or Fugu on Mac, or iFunBox on Windows if you don't want to install SSH on your iPod) and place the entire folder (whatever you called it).theme into the directory /var/stash/Themes. Then go into Winterboard (install it from Cydia if you don't have it) and select the name you gave your theme from the list. Hit the home button and wait for it to respring. (there will be a white loading wheel then it will go back to your lockscreen or homescreen)

And your done! =)
  5. Jayness

Jayness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Noobs can do. im not a noob but i think if you google search "how to make a cydia theme" you will find out how to make one
  6. DarkraiSonic9

DarkraiSonic9 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I found this tool called iDesigner. look it up and you can download the app on your pc, create your own theme (they even have some sample docks, backrounds, and all of that stuff and you can upload your own), and then ssh it into your iPod.