A High-res Alternative photo viewer?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mikeeey1337, Nov 11, 2009.

1. mikeeey1337

mikeeey1337 New Member

I'm looking for an app that lets you view photo's strait from a directory (like ifile). That way I would be able to copy my files via SSH (and not require syncing which lowers the image quality and resolution) to that directory.

ifile works great, the problem is it isn't a photo specific app, so if I want to view photos I need to navigate to that directory each time. I just want something exactly like the apple photo app but will view full resolution images.
  2. Jabari

Jabari Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The default photo app does fine with pictures... It displays the quality that they are.

But if you want photos on your computer, you can either sync them through iTunes or copy them from My Computer > iPod touch > Photos with no quality loss.
  3. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    No. iTunes down-scales the images. The OP is looking for a full-res photo viewer.
  4. mikeeey1337

mikeeey1337 New Member

Well I'm not entirely sure about that..
    I found that you can copy the pictures via SSH to var/mobile/Media/DCIM/999Apple without needing to convert them. The only thing you do need to do is make sure they have the file name "IMG_0001.JPG" and just change the number. It will then show up in the photo app under "saved photos".
    So if I click on it it looks like the image has been optimized, but if I go to this location using iFile and click on it, the image is of perfect quality, much better than displayed wit hthe default photo app.

This is why I want an app just like the default photo app, but allows you to change the directory of the photos (or atleast have a specified directory you can manually copy images to)

another thing I was wondering is where are screenshots stored? i just tried to take 2 to show the difference, but I can't seem to find them now..