A great idea!

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by mattym, Feb 8, 2008.

1. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ill start by saying that im not sure this will work with this forum software, but i have seen it elsewere. I know that when the forum was origionaly opened you had to become a registered user before you could post, heck before you could even see and replies to a post. I know you need to be registered to post now but not sure if it still applies to the seing posts part.

I am tired of seing some person with 1 post asking a question that has been asked 100+ times before. People that want a simple answer dont bother to read the forums rules.

What i am recomending is soemthing that i have seen done on other forums ive used in the past. It alows users to register and view the forums through the normal email verification procedure. However they can not post until approved. This could force them to read before they ask a question for the millionth time.
  2. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    The problem with this is that I would have to manually approve 1000 new members every day.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lmfao. And yes you need to register to see posts 2 +.
  4. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yea i thought that would be the problem. I think on some forums you can time it, but not sure if it works on this type of forum.
  5. michigan033

michigan033 Banned

Yeah we almost have like 90,000 people a part of these forums