A good effects board for under $700?

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by NinetyFour, Jan 7, 2010.

1. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey there, I need a floor effects board for under $700 that gives a good amount of effects.

I've looked at the Line 6 POD XT live or the X3 live. I've never owned an effects board so I'd be looking at something that's easy to learn to use, but then again, I don't want to buy a sh*t $99 board and then just upgrade to a $600 after a couple months.
    Thanks.
  2. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

Jack of all trades, master of none.

I would personally look into finding one effect you want, find a good-but-common iteration of that effect, and then buying it on eBay.

You could get a good amount of solid pedals for $700. I recommend individual pedals over a multi-effects thing because pedals are less of a initial investment (per pedal) and often sound better. The guitarist in my band has a multi-effects board that he used when we started years ago, but ever since he was able to buy actual pedals, that board has been collecting dust.
  3. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    ^ This, usually in concerts, you will see the guitarist use individual pedals. I do it and it sounds fine, especially the Cry baby effect (Wah-Wah). =P