A few ZiPhone questions (fw 1.1.4)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by bdawg923, Mar 22, 2008.

1. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm finally going to jailbreak my 1.1.4 iPod touch but before I do, I have a few questions.

1. I did not upgrade for $20 to get the mail/stocks/etc apps from Apple. When I jailbreak, where can I get these?

2. If I jailbreak, will any of my songs, videos, photos or bookmarks be deleted?

3. Do I need an older version of iTunes or will it work with the newest version (I read on like iphoneatlas.com I think that I need an older version of iTunes to jailbreak).

4. After I jailbreak, what programs other than installer.app do I need? I read in various places that I should install the BSD Subsystem? Is that right? Are there any others?

Thanks!
  2. Curt

Curt New Member

There ya go
  3. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For question 2, someone on Lifehacker (in the comments) said that just jailbreaking didn't delete anything off their iPod. Can anyone confirm that ZiPhone does a reformat like Curt said?

I know I don't need to do a factory restore because I never jailbroke before and I'm running the latest firmware.
  4. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. Once you jailbreak go into installer and go to sources. Then click edit, then click add, then type in repo.ispazio.net and click okay. Now there will be an option called 1.1.3/4 full features under the install tab (under iSpazio category). Install that and you are done.

2. No, not if you use ZiPhone 2.6b

3. It doesn't matter what version of iTunes you have, just open ZiPhone 2.6b and make sure you click the iPod button.

4. Install BSD Subsystems through installer, and you should be fine.
  5. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So one person says it will delete my songs and one person says it won't. Can anyone confirm either of these responses?
  6. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  7. silverdragon89

silverdragon89 New Member

it wont i did it today
  8. iH@CK3RZ

iH@CK3RZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    well i dont know how the 1.1.4 one works but for the one i used for 1.1.3 you had to restore before you jailbroke.
  9. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The Lifehacker tutorial says that I don't have to restore unless I have jailbroken before (which I didn't). So since I don't restore, then ZiPhone 2.6b doesn't delete any files on its own?
  10. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have one more question. When Apple releases the next update (with the App Store), what should I do to upgrade? Assuming Zibri releases a new version of ZiPhone, will I have to just run that (based on how these past releases and updates have gone like from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 and 1.1.3 to 1.1.4) or should I restore and then runthe app? I'm just curious for the future.