A Few Tips For Jailbreaking 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by ipodtouch1234, Jan 26, 2008.

1. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    1. Before you do the final step in iBrickr, (to transfer the image to the ipod) look in the folder where ibrickr is. If your 113_upgrade_image.bin is 0 bytes or something other than ~300 megs, then do the following: (vista only)

1a. (you are going to have to start over, except don't have it download from apple, have it find it, as it is already in the ibrickr folder.
    1b. Right click the ibrickr.exe and select properties. Click the compatibility tab and have it run in the win. xp service pack 2 mode, also as an administrator.
    1c. re-run ibrickr and let it do its thing again, and before transferring, recheck the 113_upgrade_image.bin to be ~300. If it is ok, then have it transfer.
    1.d follow the rest of the process.

2. Don't run the software upgrade if the ipod is docked or is connected to your computer.

3. Let the ipod do its thing, don't try to shut it down. The whole software upgrade can take a while.

4.If the 1st boot seems to be forever, not all is lost, try plugging it into a dock briefly or pressing the sleep/wake button to make it sleep, then wake it up. You should then be presented with the slide to unlock screen.

Hope these tips help! They would have helped me if I would have known them before!
  2. biggymac609

biggymac609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i did this and it doesnt give me the option for XP, i am in windows xp
  3. ZeRoNiXx

ZeRoNiXx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you only need to do those steps if you are on Windows Vista
  4. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    yeah. Only for vista will the compatibility thing work.