A few quick questions:

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by Kallen, May 6, 2010.

1. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just a few questions that I havn't seen mentioned...

Running Android, how does one acquire new apps? Is there an AppStore equivalent?

I assume that there will be the option to dual-boot or install Android as the only OS...? If so, how difficult would be later to revert back to the iPhone OS (if you did a full install not a dual-boot)?

I've seen a couple mentions of an "iDroid forum"... I think these comments may have been made prior to the board changes... Is this (Android and Linux on iPhone) the same forum or is there another forum?

Thanks
  2. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dunno if any of this works on the ipod yet, but my ex-gf had a motorola droid and what i CAN say is that the appstore equivalent is the droid market
  3. hipy

hipy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yep, the android market is the alternative. apps scripted in python,perl c++, JAVA and much more. the sdk is free and you can buy a dev account to submit apps to the offical market for 25 dollars. also you could make your own market(the 25 dollars is to avoid spam apps)
  4. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Huh? Most (if not all) Android apps in Java (as i know SDK not supporting python or perl), c++ is less used because Android phones might not only use ARM in future (for example Sony prefer MIPS), so they might be harder to distribute later
  5. hipy

hipy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i read it on the google page, that you can write apps in perl and python :S