a few questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by TouchMe123, Jul 31, 2008.

1. TouchMe123

TouchMe123 New Member

Hello everyone,

Ok i looked around a bit but couldnt find exactly what i was looking for so i decided to make a thread about it.

I am running a 1.1.4 jailbroken touch and i think i want to give in and just upgrade to the 2.0 and pay for the iphone apps and get the app store as well but i wanted to know if i do decide to upgrade can i just do it via itunes, or will it brick my ipod if i do so?

Also, how much is the iphone apps and app store selling for? and do you have to use a credit card only on itunes to make an account?

Thanks guys

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ipodtouchfan101

ipodtouchfan101 Member

no your ipod will not brick if you update
  3. Switch

Switch New Member

1.If you want to restore to unjailbroken 2.0 then you should play it safe and restore it first.

You can do it via itunes though.

2. You get the 2.0 upgrade as well as the iphone apps for 9.95 CAD i think its the same in USD and im not sure about euros.

3. There are other ways to get an account without a credit card, for example gift cards, but if you just want an account without either just google it. or search the forums.

4. If you are canadian, because of some stupid ass software law, gift cards will not work for buying the apps or the upgrade but you can get free apps and an account although i would suggest a credit card. A debit card can also be used if you have online banking.